PDA

View Full Version : Joining game problem :(

The_Wormin
26 Jul 2008, 21:49
hi, i've played worms online for the past 2 years without a problem, however over the last 2 weeks or so i've been unable to join any games for no apparent reason. When the 40 second timer comes up my laptop just freezes totally, with the cd drive making a ticking noise, and the only way i can get out of it is to switch my laptop off. I have no idea why this has suddenly started happening as i haven't changed any settings that should have affected this. I've checked my firewall and that is still set to allow WA to connect to the internet.

I know ou probably get threads like this all the time but i'd really appreciate the help as i miss playing this game. (apologies if this is my second thread as i couldn't find my original thread)

Thanks in advance

CyberShadow
26 Jul 2008, 22:20
1) Have you updated to 3.6.28.0?
2) Is your CD in good condition? The problem could be a scratched/damaged CD.

franpa
27 Jul 2008, 02:02
Can you eject your disc when the game has frozen and does that fix the freezing? Most CD Drives have a Emergency Eject pin hole you can use to force it out if needed.

The_Wormin
27 Jul 2008, 15:14
thank you both for the quick responses.

I've got the latest udate yes so that shouldn't be a problem.
I've looked at the disk and the only marks are circular ones around the disk where it's been used in my laptop everyday, i have no idea if this could effect the performance though :/

The emergency eject does work, freeing the disk and then allowing me to close the worms window thus not freezing my laptop anymore which is helpful. But still unable to play :(

I'll try the disk on another pc later tonight , if that fails i'll look into getting a nother cd maybe.

So does this appear to be a hardware problem rather than software?

cheers

CyberShadow
27 Jul 2008, 16:46
Try following this guide: http://worms2d.info/Running_WA_without_the_CD

The_Wormin
27 Jul 2008, 18:33
wooo, it worked, thank you so much :D