PDA

View Full Version : Strange collor

Newnight
23 Jul 2008, 07:45
I'm new on support but I hope you people help me =)

1) When starting game, the collors are a bit messed up, the black / dark parts go green.... etc...
☺After playing a game, the game return back to normal
☺If I minimise, when returning to game it stays very lagged, then the collor changes COMPLETELY, and minimising make the same process - little lag, then change collor. It happens even every screen of the game.

I'm a little surprised, because I never got a bug like this one... Note : I searched on the Team17 forums and in Readme, but I didn't found this error. How can I fix it ?

CyberShadow
23 Jul 2008, 10:17
Check the file "palette.log" in your W:A's folder. It should list programs that steal W:A's palette. Try closing them.

Newnight
23 Jul 2008, 17:33
[2008-03-30 00.05.56] Palette set by 0x10014 "" [csrss.exe]

Still, csrss It's a program of windows, I can't delete him or close him.

CyberShadow
23 Jul 2008, 18:34
If you're using Windows Vista, first of all try having a folder - any folder - open when you start the game. Miraculously, this seems to solve some palette issues.

If that doesn't work, try closing every program that isn't absolutely required for the game to run (including processes in the task manager).

Newnight
23 Jul 2008, 19:31
Well... I tried both methods, but still, I don't use Vista. Mhm... no solutions yet ? XD

CyberShadow
23 Jul 2008, 20:02
Did you try updating your video card's drivers?

Newnight
23 Jul 2008, 20:15
I did it right now. It did not solve.

CyberShadow
23 Jul 2008, 23:20
I don't have any further suggestions, other than to attempt a reinstall of your operating system, or run W:A in a virtual environment (http://worms2d.info/Emulating_Worms_Armageddon).