PDA

View Full Version : Eminefs New RR Mappack

xEMFxEmine
20 Jul 2008, 07:09
Yop Yop! I done made more maps! :cool:

Eminefs Updated Mappack (http://www.geocities.com/elitemastersforever/other/Eminef_RR_Mappack.zip)

Heres my updated mappack.. contains my first 1-50 that some of u might know, but also theres another 50 more.. but theres a twist.. 51-100 are AZ01 Lookalike maps!
Why??
AZ's maps are the best or course.. but he probally want be making more anytime soon and we need some more challenges to brake.. so heres 50 brand spanking new ones.
Plus.. 16 old old maps i made that never got release.

Hope you Enjoy Em'

GoDxWyvern
20 Jul 2008, 14:42
Funny you should say "AZ01 look-alike", because to achieve that, all you have to do is make a bunch of completely linear maps with no imagination whatsoever. :p Sure, people who enjoy roping through a bunch of horizontal and vertical tunnels will probably like them. Many do. Hence why they're so popular. But... considering there are so many of those out there already, yours can hardly be a great addition, can they?

No offence, mate, just dropping my view on it. :)

Devoluti0n
20 Jul 2008, 20:29
Thx alot ! I'm fan of thoses kind of linear maps. Keep working on new map ;)

NAiL
20 Jul 2008, 21:18
I love roping and linear maps, as many do, they are simple and do not require you to "learn" sections of the map, as they are as they appear. I aslo already told you Eminef that your linear maps are amongst my favourites.

I do agree with Wyv tho, linear maps are not at all hard to make... the only reason people big up map makers like AZO1 is because they were the first group of people to make packs of rr maps... almost any fool is capable of making maps like AZO1, its a simple gird structure nothing more. I love roping on these maps dont get me wrong, but there are alot map makers putting huge amounts of creativity into a piece of work, only for it to be under recognised. People that regard linear rr map makers as the best map makers... I wont even bother... I just find them irritating.

xEMFxEmine
21 Jul 2008, 05:34
I agree with both of you.. and like i said on xtc forum.. i know it dont take much to make these maps.. hell i made the last 20 maps in 2 days lol.. BUT.. most ppl prefar az maps because there so simple.. specially for league games.
But yeah az's map are old and kinda bring now.. but there still the most simple maps.. so here more.
Thats why i made them.. there just good simple fun.. they just need more new lines.

But now there done im'a gonna start working on some proper maps.. ones that take longer 30 secs to make.

GoDxWyvern
21 Jul 2008, 18:38
Knew I could bring my point across. <3

Can't wait to see what you can come up with. :)

xEMFxEmine
22 Jul 2008, 07:17
Heres a taste.. Eminef RR 101 (http://www.geocities.com/elitemastersforever/other/RR_Eminef101.zip) these are the kinda maps i like to make and will make from now on. ;)

Big huge coloured maps that look like they were painted by picaso is just not my cup of tea.. this is what i love.. Just My Option!

xbeanx
23 Jul 2008, 01:32
Nice map pack!

I enjoy playing on these types of maps. Who cares if they aren't that hard to make? Anyway, the map called "RR - xEMFxEminef 02.BIT" (not to be confused with "RR - Eminef 002.BIT") was fun and a bit challenging. It took me a while to realized how to get up onto the second "half" of the map. Since the rope isn't long enough, I was trying to mexi up it before I figured out a much easier way. (I hope that makes sense, if you know the map I'm talking about).

I have a suggestion though...Make them color, or at least black and white .PNGs so you can upload them to WMDB and we can use them with HostingBuddy (he needs more fun RRs!) Especially that RR - xEMFxEminef 02.BIT one :P

xEMFxEmine
23 Jul 2008, 02:20
Yeah i know the map.. u just need to fling up, takes some practice i guess.
I reason i got some maps that go back to 01, 02 etc.. is cause there old maps that i never released.. and when i started my mappack i didnt enclude i just started from 1.. but i decided to put them in here now.. just put them is and xEMFx.. my old clan.. cause thats what i made them for.

As for putting them on WMDB.. i dont wonna put plain white maps up there.. but there is some in colour up there.. like 4 i think.
Maybe one day i'll convert some or all to colour.

f4st
15 Sep 2008, 07:59
Man, all good Ropers that like RR's, love the AZ01 style maps, almost all are 50s (50s = +/- 5s) maps. For me are the best maps, if u playing league and u pick RR u can use that maps cause u don't need to remember sections like someone said, it takes simply good skill of roping...
Thx for maps.