PDA

View Full Version : Resolution/Graphics problems

Fennesz
20 Jul 2008, 01:26
Hi. I play Worms World Party and it works fine, but I wanted to get W:A because it's actually being patched and has better features. The problem is I can't change the resolution at all. It goes up to 1024x768 but then on leaving the options screen and starting a game it stays at 640x480. When I go back to options it has changed to custom, even though my monitor only goes up to 1024x768.

Secondly I use a program called Powerstrip (http://www.entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm) to control gamma and brightness with hotkeys and for some reason W:A locks those out and stops any changes being made at all. WWP doesn't do this.

Can I fix these problems? I wouldn't have expected the engines to be different at all, let alone enough to cause problems.

SilPho
20 Jul 2008, 11:50
Wormkit (http://worms.thecybershadow.net/wormkit/) might be able to help with the hotkeys problem, it stops WA from locking Alt-Tab \ Windows Key functions, which might be what you need.

Fennesz
20 Jul 2008, 12:02
Thanks, that actually worked. Now if I can fix the other half of the problem I'll be happy.

KRD
20 Jul 2008, 13:53
The resolution not sticking sounds like a problem with admin privileges. Are you using Windows Vista? If so, you should go into the shortcut properties and specify that you'd like to run the game as the administrator to give WA.exe the permission to save settings [as well as replays, teams and statistics].

If that doesn't do much, make sure you're running the latest beta version of the game and try again. You can check by scrolling your mouse pointer over the Worms Armageddon logo in the main menu of the game; it should say 3.6.28.0 if the game's been updated.

Fennesz
20 Jul 2008, 17:11
The version is right. I reinstalled both the game and the patch to be sure. I'm running XP but admin priveleges shouldn't be a problem, I'm the only user and it's an admin account.

Bizarre. Maybe I can tweak some graphics settings. I don't see why the menu system itself doesn't switch resolutions when you change them though.

KRD
20 Jul 2008, 22:10
I don't see why the menu system itself doesn't switch resolutions when you change them though.

The frontend's designed to be locked at 640×480... not that this helps you in any way. :confused:

Maybe try disabling Powerstrip completely and see if that somehow interferes with the way WA switches resolutions?