PDA

View Full Version : Worm Team Anthem

Vorador
19 Jul 2008, 21:36
So I made my own .wav file to use as a team anthem. The audio used is an 8-second portion of the famous Funeral March by Chopin, in keeping w/ the team theme (all the worms are named for a different mythology's god/goddess of death/the underworld) but when I preview-play it in the team creation thing, it plays the default USA audio...if I remove the USA wav, the Funeral March wav doesn't play at all. Then I renamed Funeral March to USA, replacing the default wav (I backed up the original) and then it still wouldn't play...

So it only plays if the USA wav is in the folder, but then it just plays that instead...:(:(:(:(:(

balver
20 Jul 2008, 18:19
1. Place your wav file in {Worms Armageddon}\User\Fanfare folder
2. Edit your team (right click on team name in off-line multiplayer mode, or in options) and select name of wav file, you created

KRD
20 Jul 2008, 22:06
Have a look at the Fanfare section of this post and see if you got anything wrong when creating the .wav: http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=28551

Squirminator2k
22 Jul 2008, 02:21
Make sure you didn't do something silly like, I don't know, taking an MP3 and simply changing the file extension. You'd be surprised how many people think that's how you convert a file from one format to another.

robowurmz
22 Jul 2008, 09:44
There are some Linux distributions where indeed that is the case; they have built-in conversion; if it can't convert, it notifies you and/or asks for a codec (media).

No excuse for Windows users, though.

Muzer
22 Jul 2008, 17:13
There are some Linux distributions where indeed that is the case; they have built-in conversion; if it can't convert, it notifies you and/or asks for a codec (media).

Any idea where can I get this feature? Would it involve getting a new file manager? I'm currently on Kubuntu so a KDE designed one would be prefered. I hate using sites like mediaconvert.com or some dodgy shareware program.