PDA

View Full Version : Random W:A crash

SgtFusion
5 Jul 2008, 10:06
Sometimes when I try to start the next round of a game, I get a black screen for a few seconds, and then I'm back in Windows with an error message*. It happens randomly, but usually when I'm playing with a bigger-than-standard map.The errorlog is attached below.

*Note: Before 3.6.28.0, when I was using 3.6.26.5, the circumstances would be totally random, and I would get no error message or errorlog.txt.

CyberShadow
5 Jul 2008, 15:35
Looks like your CD is scratched - W:A crashes when it tries to play the audio tracks. As a work-around, you could try disabling the in-game music.

sherrise_s
9 Jul 2008, 22:50
Hi Everyone,

I've attached my errorlog.txt. Any ideas?

The game only crashes (and pretty much every time) when I'm on Wormnet. I'll join a game, everyone will connect.. the game will start loading and my entire computer freezes. It usually gets 1/8 of the way (when loading) when it crashes. On the vary rare occasion it'll just crash to Windows, but that's not very often.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Sherrise

CyberShadow
10 Jul 2008, 06:07
The crash log you attached is for a crash that happened when trying to show the introduction screens.

By "my entire computer freezes", do you mean that it becomes unresponsive to Windows key combinations like Alt+Tab or Ctrl+Alt+Del? Does pressing Num Lock toggle the led on your keyboard?

sherrise_s
10 Jul 2008, 17:57
It is unresponsive to Ctr+Alt+Del.

I haven't tried to see if the Num Lock toggle works. But i'll try playing again today and let you know.

I sent that errorlog.txt as i was assuming it was created when I freeze, but i've downloaded the wormkit along with a Minidumpafter5mins file which is supposed to help log the issue as well (or so i've been told).

I'll try those, see what happens and hopefully you can help!

Thanks!

CyberShadow
10 Jul 2008, 20:58
Don't use the 5 minute one, as it will make the game close 5 minutes after you started it regardless if it freezes or not.