PDA

View Full Version : Quitted but still ingame

Konar6
4 Jul 2008, 22:29
In the short attached replay you can see my team being stated as disconnected although I was still in the game. I didn't quit (don't know if other players ingame was able to see my messages though). Is this some kind of either WA or HostingBuddy bug? I've never seen this before.

EDIT: I seem to have trouble downloading the .7z file (using Opera browser), I have replaced it by .zip.

CyberShadow
4 Jul 2008, 23:26
It's a known HostingBuddy bug. Someone timed out but HB failed to properly determine who that is.

Konar6
5 Jul 2008, 02:38
I think you misunderstood me. It was ME who "has disconnected" and my team actually dropped out of the game but I was still in. See the replay (it's only 2 minutes). It doesn't look like something related to HB, unless he can write red disconnection notices.

franpa
5 Jul 2008, 12:44
HB dropped out because it got confused and thought the game host had left. so everyone would have ended up being booted and everyone would have seen only themselves get booted.

CyberShadow
5 Jul 2008, 15:24
HB does send disconnection notices. It doesn't actually drop the connection, it just assumes it's dead. I did not misunderstand you.

franpa: HB does not end the game if the host drops or quits. If it does die, it's probably because it ran out of memory or the memory corruption bug got it.