PDA

View Full Version : New W:A 3.6.28.0 bug?

balver
2 Jul 2008, 22:37
Hi, I'd like to report that sometimes, when I start W:A or try to play replay the crash occurs. After running WA.exe I can see black screen for a little while and then the error dialog appear with info that ERRORLOG.TXT was created. No frontend, just crash. Of course, I've installed 3.6.28.0 update.

Sad thing is that I can't reproduce this error. It just happens from time to time.

The attached file contains ERRORLOG.TXT generated when I tried to run this replay (http://wormolympics.com/tournaments/replay/303) for the first time. But I think that which replay I played is irrelevant in this case.

One more thing. When I run W:A immediately after this crash, the game works flawlessly (as much as it can :D).

Edit:
Sorry CyberShadow, I've created thread in wrong place. Please, move this thread to the support forum.

CyberShadow
2 Jul 2008, 23:49
The crash is happening when loading map data to video memory. Did you try updating your video card drivers?

balver
3 Jul 2008, 01:03
The crash is happening when loading map data to video memory. Did you try updating your video card drivers?

I'll do it soon, 'cause they're available out there :)
If crashes will appear after that I'll report here again.

CyberShadow
3 Jul 2008, 04:04
If they do, please also post the file CRASH.DMP.

balver
3 Jul 2008, 16:56
I've installed new drivers and there are no problems so far.

I can provide you CRASH.DMP associated with ERRORLOG.TXT, which was attached to the first post.

beer
3 Jul 2008, 18:57
Hi, I'd like to report that sometimes, when I start W:A or try to play replay the crash occurs. After running WA.exe I can see black screen for a little while and then the error dialog appear with info that ERRORLOG.TXT was created. No frontend, just crash. Of course, I've installed 3.6.28.0 update.

Sad thing is that I can't reproduce this error. It just happens from time to time.

The attached file contains ERRORLOG.TXT generated when I tried to run this replay (http://wormolympics.com/tournaments/replay/303) for the first time. But I think that which replay I played is irrelevant in this case.

One more thing. When I run W:A immediately after this crash, the game works flawlessly (as much as it can :D).

Edit:
Sorry CyberShadow, I've created thread in wrong place. Please, move this thread to the support forum.

same problm for me too.
need i upload the video card drivers? if yes.. any one can tell me where i can download it?

- Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family -

Esper
4 Jul 2008, 02:41
Big maps very sprain gradient of the background...

Squirminator2k
4 Jul 2008, 04:19
- Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family -

Nothin' doin'. Intel's drivers aren't backwards compatible with Direct Draw. Sorry, Beer.

balver
4 Jul 2008, 05:58
same problm for me too

Not exactly the same. Just similar. My gfx card is ATi Mobility Radeon X1600.

Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

Maybe this (http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Search.aspx?Prod_nm=965+express+chipset+fa mily&x=0&y=0&lang=eng) will help.

Muzer
4 Jul 2008, 17:45
Beer, if you have Vista, then Intel is incompatible. Intel graphics chipsets + Windows Vista + W:A do not mix. We've had about 500 subjects on the matter.

The only ways:
1) Install a decent OS (not Vista)
2) Install a Virtual OS if your PC is fast enough
3) Wait for a driver update or a complete W:A overhaul, whichever comes first.

beer
8 Jul 2008, 23:57
thanks, ill see.
peace

bonz
9 Jul 2008, 14:32
How could I have overlooked this? :eek:

Kudos to your nickname, beer! ;)

yakuza
9 Jul 2008, 17:21
Beer, if you have Vista, then Intel is incompatible. Intel graphics chipsets + Windows Vista + W:A do not mix. We've had about 500 subjects on the matter.

The only ways:
1) Install a decent OS (not Vista)
2) Install a Virtual OS if your PC is fast enough
3) Wait for a driver update or a complete W:A overhaul, whichever comes first.

*Intel Mobile Chipsets

balver
14 Jul 2008, 20:17
Long time no crashes. But today I encountered one :) The same conditions as in first post. Attachment included. My gfx drivers are up to date.