PDA

View Full Version : A Demo Record?

Hiicantpk
2 Jul 2008, 16:53
Hi Everyone.
I was playing quick matches vs the computer on my W:A demo, and i was able (in one turn) to kill every royalty crew member with 1 ninja rope, 1 select worm and 1 shotgun (with the assistance of 1 mine and 1 barrel of fire)

I used my first worm to swing over the tree on the right side of the level, activate a mine which made 1 worm fly into the drink. Then i used worm select and chose a worm on the other side of the level. I used 1 shotgun shop to explode a barrel of fire and send one worm flying into another to knock them both into the water. Then I used the other shot to blow up the snowman's arm under the 4th and final worm. *note - After my turn was over and my worms were celebrating, worm 1 said "Good job team" or something like that.

If anyone had sone anything of the sorts, please tell me.

Note 2: i didnt video for only 1 reason: If i tried to video, my computer would lag so much it would freeze.

balver
2 Jul 2008, 19:41
Note 2: i didnt video for only 1 reason: If i tried to video, my computer would lag so much it would freeze.

If you have installed the latest update of Worms Armageddon, then you can locate automaticaly recorded replay in "Worms Armageddon\User\Games" directory. If you consider it to be so good, you could upload the replay to the forum and share with us :)

Edit:
Oops, you were playing demo. Then, AFAIK there won't be any replays in such directory.

lookias
2 Jul 2008, 19:52
u should get a WA fullversion and come to wormnet, there will be enough people who wants to match everyone in everything. :o

SgtFusion
3 Jul 2008, 00:29
Yes. You should get the full version of W:A. It only costs a few $ on eBay, and sometimes you can find W2, W:A, and WWP in one pack for $20.00 $25.00 or less.

franpa
3 Jul 2008, 07:16
Also, the full version (with the updates) contains tons of new features and bug fixes that will surely improve the experience even more then just the fact that you can play online.

bonz
3 Jul 2008, 09:42
Also, for the nostalgia, IIRC, someone has extracted the demo map and recreated the demo scheme to play with in the full version.

Plutonic
4 Jul 2008, 09:21
I thought the demo map was just the snow one from the missions....?

M3ntal
4 Jul 2008, 10:50
Wow, you guys negate the need for Team17 to have a marketing department.

SgtFusion
4 Jul 2008, 11:54
Well, my opinion is that some of the best marketing is a customer who is thoroughly satisfied with the game.

bonz
4 Jul 2008, 13:04
Well, my opinion is that some of the best marketing is a customer who is thoroughly satisfied with the game.
And to achieve this you give the customer lots of money?
Sedative drugs?
Galleons of beer?

franpa
4 Jul 2008, 13:14
you give them a god damn game that is a awesome game unlike the large pile of **** games other people made at the time.

bonz
4 Jul 2008, 19:01
you give them a god damn game that is a awesome game unlike the large pile of **** games other people made at the time.
Have you ever considered entering the entertainment industry in some marketing research department? :)

franpa
5 Jul 2008, 12:46
That job is pointless, it doesnt give you any/much leverage over what the publisher wants, so no.

Hiicantpk
6 Jul 2008, 22:26
Ok, can we please stay on topic.
Balver, i only have the demo, so i couldnt.
And please stop telling me to get WA the full game. i'm working on it. Trying to find it at EB Games and on ebay

SgtFusion
6 Jul 2008, 22:33
What do you mean, "trying"? You should be able to find it straight away on eBay.

Hiicantpk
6 Jul 2008, 22:34
What do you mean, "trying"? You should be able to find it straight away on eBay.

Well i myself dont have an ebay account, any my parents are only buying WA and under a certain price. Idk why they havnt found one yet.

SgtFusion
7 Jul 2008, 00:36
I'll PM you a link to a cheap one.

franpa
7 Jul 2008, 00:56
Cheap = Free?

SgtFusion
7 Jul 2008, 05:15
No, of course not. Nothing worth having is ever free (unless it's a cracked version, you're a pirate, and therefore it's not really worth having).

lookias
7 Jul 2008, 17:22
No, of course not. Nothing worth having is ever free.

dood you are so wrong. i guess microsoft did abuse your brain to make trade with you.

SgtFusion
8 Jul 2008, 04:49
I don't buy most of my stuff from Microsoft. And I meant in regard to things like W:A.

lookias
8 Jul 2008, 12:45
maybe like hedgewars?

MrBunsy
9 Jul 2008, 17:28
dood you are so wrong.It's true almost all the time, though.

lookias
9 Jul 2008, 18:03
It's true almost all the time, though.

the whole software on my pc costs about 30 euro, only because of 2 commercial games lol.

DarkOne
17 Jul 2008, 12:25
dood you are so wrong. i guess microsoft did abuse your brain to make trade with you.

I must point out that if you have to put effort into it without having to pay it still means it didn't come for free ;)

lookias
17 Jul 2008, 12:52
I must point out that if you have to put effort into it without having to pay it still means it didn't come for free ;)

which effort?

on windows i had some efforts like hours long reinstalling and spyware searching, just for nothing. i was so ****ed that i changed to linux, the worst thing ever happened to me, was installing xp and while downloading the patches i gone to deamon tools homepage to download it, after this i had an unbreakable spyware/trojan on my pc.

you can imagine that i was not in moods to search for a fix, because the spyware did block windows update, so it would have happened that i catch another trojan in the internet.

on linux any effort grows my knowledge and that makes at least a lot more fun.

DarkOne
17 Jul 2008, 15:45
which effort?

on linux any effort grows my knowledge and that makes at least a lot more fun.

:) just wanted to point that out!

lookias
17 Jul 2008, 17:30
Originally Posted by lookias View Post
which effort?

you still didnt answered. :)

yakuza
17 Jul 2008, 18:07
Originally Posted by lookias View Post
which effort?

you still didnt answered. :)

-You claimed that the statement "nothing worth having is free" was false

-Darkone said that something that costs effort isn't free to avoid you claiming something along the lines "love is free yo"

-You asked a random question

-Darkone made a point to avoid you from stating Linux is free and is worth

-You asked the same random question

lookias
17 Jul 2008, 19:15
its not a random question.

xbeanx
17 Jul 2008, 21:29
Here's a random question: what does all of this have to do with the thread anymore?

lookias
17 Jul 2008, 23:08
Here's a random question: what does all of this have to do with the thread anymore?

nah this is not a random question too xD
and btw what is a random question? something weird?

Hiicantpk
20 Jul 2008, 14:49
Please guys try to stay on topic.