PDA

View Full Version : Wormnet 1 and 2 Outage

volcane
24 Jun 2008, 16:08
The Wormnet server has suffered hard disk failure and will need to be replaced. I'm afraid I do not have an ETA for a fix, but I will post here as soon as I do.

Plainplane
24 Jun 2008, 16:33
Is this something as simple as replacing the hard drive or do a bunch of things have to be configured from scratch?

volcane
24 Jun 2008, 17:05
A bunch of things have to be configured from backup data.

smek
24 Jun 2008, 18:04
aw, when!? :(

lebsoljah
24 Jun 2008, 19:00
http://www.eiffelroom.com/files/images/mouse_nest.jpg

Rioter
24 Jun 2008, 19:14
:D

OK Fair enough

Cybershadow is setting up his MyWormNET as I type :rolleyes:

CyberShadow
24 Jun 2008, 19:16
I started the backup server (located on my machine). To connect to it, follow the instructions here: http://worms.thecybershadow.net/wormnet/

EdjKa
24 Jun 2008, 19:27
CyberShadow - not working

Rioter
24 Jun 2008, 19:52

It is. Just follow the instructions from the link he posted

lookias
24 Jun 2008, 21:18
wine users can use this file, to avoid a bug with the frontend.
http://www.file-upload.net/download-936103/ServerList.htm.html

it may be also convenient for windows users.

note: to download the file click to that button in the link.

X-Ray99
24 Jun 2008, 23:43
good luck :\
and thx Cybershadow for everything you do =)
and everyone else who works on this :D

k0d0
25 Jun 2008, 00:36
The Wormnet server
plz tell us config of machine... wormnet seems too laggy last days :p

franpa
25 Jun 2008, 00:48

Using abnormal characters in your name like : won't work with the baackup server ;)

Colonal L
25 Jun 2008, 01:01
thanx to CyberShadow for the back-up server:)

franpa
25 Jun 2008, 02:44
Holy **** 144 people are on your server, CyberShadow and one of them is using my nick! ';..;'

xDSxFranpa

xbeanx
25 Jun 2008, 03:48
OK, I haven't played W:A in about a year, but I wanted to play it today. Unfortunately, no matter what I did, I couldn't log on to WormNet. After a few hours, I found out WormNet was down. (And with my luck, it went down yesterday, just a day before I had the urge to play). Anyway, after finding this out, I found CyberShadow's site and downloaded his ServerList.htm file. I got into his backup server fine (and realized those hours I spent changing configurations were wasted), but I could not join the #Welcome channel, so I still haven't been able to play yet.

When I try to enter #Welcome the mouse turns into the stopwatch and the text in the bottom box goes away, but I never get into the channel. Then, if I try to login again it tells me my username is already being used, so I change it. After logging in, I see my old name in the user list as being in the channel #Welcome. If I try joining #Welcome again the screen still never leaves the page and I don't join the channel.

Now, here's some more info. Before I found CyberShadow's site, I had searched the "fatal error during gameserver connection" message and found a few forum threads. The people who replied suggested opening a command prompt and running telnet to the wormnet server from port 6667 and port 80. I did this, and port 80 worked, while port 6667 didn't. However, some of these threads were from years ago, and I HAVE been able to play online before and haven't done anything with port 6667 that I can remember. If I could play then (I was on Windows 98 or 2000 then, and on XP now, if that matters) without touching this port, I don't see why I can't play now. Plus, I can get into CyberShadow's server, I just can't get into #Welcome, so I'm not sure if the port is even the problem.

So, basically my questions are:
Why can I log in to the backup server but not join #Welcome? Does port 6667 pose a problem, even though it never did in the past?

P.S. I also tried that other server (ItakaGames server), but the same thing happened when I tried to go in #AnythingGoes. That server only had like 5 people, while CyberShadow's had around 150, so I don't think the problem is because there are too many users.

P.P.S. Sorry if this is hard to understand. I'm a bit out of it right now.

ShyGuy
25 Jun 2008, 04:16
It said 194 for me, but no one, including myself, shows up on the player list. I don't see messages, either.

franpa
25 Jun 2008, 05:51
I theorize, it was hacked.

MihaiS
25 Jun 2008, 07:44
Holy **** 144 people are on your server, CyberShadow and one of them is using my nick! ';..;'

xDSxFranpa

Nobody's using your nick- it's just an instance of one of your prior attempts to connect.

pumpkin92
25 Jun 2008, 09:08
I can get as a far as where it says "welcome" but I can't get in the channel.

volcane
25 Jun 2008, 10:34
I have a temporary server running in place now.

pumpkin92
25 Jun 2008, 10:44
back up, yay ^^

CyberShadow
25 Jun 2008, 10:57
My server software's a bit unstable, sometimes it crashes or goes into a loop.

k0d0
25 Jun 2008, 12:19
CyberShadow, do you use offical server or your own emulation of it?

Rioter
25 Jun 2008, 16:22
CyberShadow, do you use offical server or your own emulation of it?

He would be using MyWormNET, emulation of a proper WormNET server

Anyway, there seems to be a max 77 users - that normal?

BaDcerealxDHBx
25 Jun 2008, 23:16
Hey guys, wormnet back again, we no need more temp server.
Very tks CyberShadown :)

xbeanx
26 Jun 2008, 01:06
I can get as a far as where it says "welcome" but I can't get in the channel.

At least I wasn't the only one. Anyway, going to try it again now and see what happens.