PDA

View Full Version : Please help solveing a strange bug

X-Ray99
23 Jun 2008, 22:05
Hey
sometimes, my WA suddenly minimizes in game..
anyone knows anthing about this?

Rioter
23 Jun 2008, 22:45
It's when something in the background takes main focus away from Worms. Not a bug - just annoying

franpa
24 Jun 2008, 02:51
Make sure your computer/video card is not overheating. I believe some video cards force this behaviour because they don't work as hard when rendering your windows desktop and as such can cool down.

X-Ray99
24 Jun 2008, 23:32
hmm
well I have GeForce 8600GT, it might not have too much problem with running WA ^^
but what r1ot3r says, might be true
the only problem is that this beginned only few weeks ago

franpa
25 Jun 2008, 00:52
it might not have too much problem with running WA
Use GPU-Z and monitor the temperatures of your video card. Check the Air flow in your case/tower. Your video card can indeed handle the game by far, but heat can be a danger.

Rioter
25 Jun 2008, 01:09
hmm
well I have GeForce 8600GT, it might not have too much problem with running WA ^^
but what r1ot3r says, might be true
the only problem is that this beginned only few weeks ago

You may have installed something recently. Or it could have been a program update that caused it.

A prime example, Trillain sometimes makes my game lose focus. Just make sure its in busy mode and fullscreen setting stops it.

MrBunsy
26 Jun 2008, 19:36
Use GPU-Z and monitor the temperatures of your video card. Check the Air flow in your case/tower. Your video card can indeed handle the game by far, but heat can be a danger.

I'm fairly certain the nvidia drivers don't minimise games when the card overheats.

franpa
27 Jun 2008, 05:09
But the video card it self may inadvertently cause it when it switches to a safe mode which is what it would do once it starts to overheat.

MrBunsy
27 Jun 2008, 08:05
But the video card it self may inadvertently cause it when it switches to a safe mode which is what it would do once it starts to overheat.
How exactly would that result in a programme being minimised?

franpa
27 Jun 2008, 08:06
probably forces it out of its current mode (direct draw, direct 3d etc.) and it acheives it via minimising the game?

MrBunsy
27 Jun 2008, 08:50
I'm certain the drivers wouldn't bother to go that far, they'd just shut down or underclock the GPU.

franpa
27 Jun 2008, 10:39
The way you worded that, makes it seem like my idea is more drastic then yours >.>

X-Ray99
27 Jun 2008, 11:36
It's when something in the background takes main focus away from Worms. Not a bug - just annoying
can I somehow set priority or something like this?
seems my MSN is the one that makes this...

MrBunsy
27 Jun 2008, 11:39
There's an 'always on top' option in the main window, is that ticked by any chance?

The way you worded that, makes it seem like my idea is more drastic then yours >.>

It is. They're drivers, it'll be far easier to get them to simply do something on the hardware than consider the hundreds of different pieces of software they could alter.

franpa
27 Jun 2008, 11:59
theres very few programs these days that disable alt-tab and other shortcuts, I'm sure theres a simple feature in Windows to minimize all programs just like the ShowDesktop function.