PDA

View Full Version : I want sudden death WITH worm select!

Campaigner
23 Jun 2008, 17:48
Is there a way to raise the water without going into sudden death?

Is there a way to have sudden death and KEEP worm select?

Can't believe that there isn't an option for this....If I save more worms then my brother then I get penalised in not being able to select a specific one.

yakuza
23 Jun 2008, 17:53
That can't be done.

However there's a practical work around. Add infinite Worm Selects (the weapon) to the scheme and there you go. Obviously though, they can be used as many times as a turn lasts, so you will have to tell whoever you play against only to use it before moving the worm and only once.

That or get used to the fact you cannot mold the strategy to the way you play and you have to adapt your game to the way Worms is, that is, fight against worm piling when you're on a worm advantage amongst other things. Having more worms is not always a good thing and you should play accordingly depending on the scheme.

Rioter
23 Jun 2008, 17:55
It's something to do with the worm logic of the game, and unfortunately unless a wormkit patch can achieve anything, then I don't think so

Campaigner
23 Jun 2008, 18:03
Alright. Bit cumbersome but guess I have to endure :-/

bonz
23 Jun 2008, 18:04
A long time ago I have requested more sudden death events in addition to 1-health, water rising and the nuke.
See here: http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24639

The ability to combine any available sudden death events (current and potential future ones) is actually a quite nice idea.

pisto
26 Jun 2008, 18:59
the fiddler could set suddend death AND worm select

SgtFusion
27 Jun 2008, 05:40
True, but the current version of W:A (3.6.28.0) is not compatible with The Fiddler.

pisto
27 Jun 2008, 09:40
but it's virtually possible to port it to the last update.

SgtFusion
28 Jun 2008, 10:28
What do you mean by that? Anyway, it's not actually possible to do that, which is what matters. If you want the Beta Update and The Fiddler, you have to have a second (un-updated) copy of the exe. You can't have The Fiddler and the Beta Update on the same exe. See this article (http://worms2d.info/The_Fiddler#Installing_the_Fiddler).

franpa
28 Jun 2008, 13:15
-_-" he said, that since the feature WAS available, it shouldnt be hard to reimplement it in a future update.

SgtFusion
30 Jun 2008, 02:22
He said "the last update" which sort of implies that he meant "3.6.28.0".

franpa
30 Jun 2008, 04:52
If you know Pisto, you would know his english is good, but not great. he would have meant "latest" as in the upcoming update.

pisto
2 Jul 2008, 13:29
If you know Pisto, you would know his english is good, but not great. he would have meant "latest" as in the upcoming update.

no, I meant what sgtfusion understood.
the utility of my speech is debatable.