PDA

View Full Version : Fiddler

mireazma
20 Jun 2008, 09:39
The Fiddler!
Rockin' tool. How couldn't you just love it?
A question, tho:
I've done some digging to find out if you can ADD weapons instead of REPLACE them. Came up with.. nothin'.
Some user in "missing weapons" said he hoped for this.
If the Fiddler would be able to get it done, it'd b OUTRAGEOUS!!
Just replacing weapons isn't too much of a new feature...

bonz
20 Jun 2008, 13:41
Actually, more weapon slots are quite possible.
If you add ammo for both the supersheep and the aquasheep, both will appear in the F5 slot, shoving the mole bomb off the weapons panel. (The latter is still available by pressing the F6 key 6 times though.)

That said, I'd guess it would be relatively easy for Deadcode and CyberShadow to add an additional 6th column for example to allow more weapons.
Since DC has planned to implement compatibility for Fiddler schemes to allow custom weapons, I doubt that he would merely allow replacement of existing ones.

An additional column would actually be necessary should DC/CS decide to add the lazor, SOAR and black gun as standard weapons. And maybe the bible bomb and worm strike.
At least I'm campaigning to make them do so (read: nagging them on every possible occasion).

Metal Alex
20 Jun 2008, 15:38
An additional column would actually be necessary should DC/CS decide to add the lazor, SOAR and black gun as standard weapons. And maybe the bible bomb and worm strike.
At least I'm campaigning to make them do so (read: nagging them on every possible occasion).

Don't forget the homing cluster bomb, homing airstrike, and cloned sheeps... (and maybe the nuclear bomb that doesn't poison, W2 style)

bonz
20 Jun 2008, 16:46
Don't forget the homing cluster bomb, homing airstrike, and cloned sheeps... (and maybe the nuclear bomb that doesn't poison, W2 style)
Oh, how could I forget!

Plasma
20 Jun 2008, 18:04
(and maybe the nuclear bomb that doesn't poison, W2 style)
"Flood" is the proper name for it. Nuclear bomb was its name in only one game, but it was called Flood in the other ones that had it.

Run
20 Jun 2008, 18:07
what other ones? i wasn't aware of this

Plasma
20 Jun 2008, 18:19
what other ones? i wasn't aware of this
Worms Forts and Worms4 had it anyway, I'm not sure/can't remember about the others.

Run
20 Jun 2008, 18:40
oh right, we're counting the 3d ones

how atypical

bonz
20 Jun 2008, 20:00
W3D had a nuke though.
The only above-ground one actually, complete with red button trigger and mushroom cloud in the distant background.

Victor TH
21 Jun 2008, 15:34
Don't forget the homing cluster bomb, homing airstrike, and cloned sheeps... (and maybe the nuclear bomb that doesn't poison, W2 style) And the green-looking dynamite(Gas cannister?).

yakuza
21 Jun 2008, 22:01
"Flood" is the proper name for it. Nuclear bomb was its name in only one game, but it was called Flood in the other ones that had it.

Um. It's a W2 weapon that would appear in WA with Fiddler help. Why would we start naming it like it's named in the 3D games?

Metal Alex
21 Jun 2008, 22:54
Um. It's a W2 weapon that would appear in WA with Fiddler help. Why would we start naming it like it's named in the 3D games?

The ony reason I see it's because they had almost the same name... But now that I see it again, they DO have different enough names... One is a nuclear test, and other, a nuclear explosion... Tests tend to go wrong :p

Clavius_SA
22 Jun 2008, 07:27
Needs more submarine strike.

franpa
22 Jun 2008, 08:14
Needs more submarine strike.
How 'bout a Penguin that acts like a Mole, but it arcs down then up through water and explodes on land? if it leaves the water it makes a small jump and then sinks?