PDA

View Full Version : Registry Tweak or something, to change the menu resolution? and other problems.

Erazor84
9 Jun 2008, 13:02
hi, first, sorry about my bad spoken english. itīs a long time that i wrote such long sentences in english ;D

iīm running windows vista. worms run with many bugs, blackscreen of deaths (but only the game hangs), incorrect colors (16 colors in the menu and ingame) but this problems are not all time present. on one day, the game runs ok, on other it have these bugs ... but itīs ok. <- no i have no intel graphics. i have 2 vista machines, one with nvidia and one with ATI (both AMD CPU), and on both pcīs the same problems occours ... :(

the main question i have is, is there any tweak, to set the resolution in the worms menu? the menu has a fixed res. of 640*480. i have placed some sidebar gadgets on the desktop, but after such a low resolution, the gadgets are all on other positions. the normal programm icons and their position, saved vista correctly, but with such a low res. the sidebar gadgets doesnt save the positions.

is their any tweak to set a higher res. in the menu?

franpa
9 Jun 2008, 13:29
Reinstall then install the 3.6.28.0 beta patch only.

edit: im aware im wrong.

CyberShadow
9 Jun 2008, 13:55
The front-end works only in 640x480, there are no tweaks or hidden settings.

The only workaround is to emulate W:A (http://worms2d.info/Emulating_Worms_Armageddon).

Erazor84
9 Jun 2008, 14:13
hi i reinstalled the game many times, but 2 minutes ago, the same problem occours. black screen, some graphics in the menu are visible, if i klick on a button the game crash to desktop.

hereīs a picture: http://hqronw.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pSsH_7kxxAqsFPAS8oaRX18yWAPjmtXjuUlGVAHfvfJhVAhT 0suQTTAzN_g4kC_e-YRXGXFQm4MqVwZovm53Xdg/fehlerbericht.JPG

thereīs no error.log in the worms folder, becuase the game still runs, but minimized and itīs inpossible to reactivate.

iīve reinstalled worms many time, also vista and many graphic drivers, but its always the same problem. i have a windows 2000 VM an try to emulate worms in it ...

this color - problems with black screen only appears in the menu, the 16 color bug are in menu and game under vista. when worms runs with good performance under win2k in the vm, then iīll play with the vm...

thanks

Masol
19 Jun 2008, 11:42
The front-end works only in 640x480, there are no tweaks or hidden settings.

Isn't it possible to create switch or tweak to run it in window in one of the future betas? Perhaps it would be the simplest solution, if possible of course.

CyberShadow
19 Jun 2008, 11:52
It's not possible for a paletted application to run in a window.

Masol
19 Jun 2008, 13:48
It's not possible for a paletted application to run in a window.

Sure. Do not thought about it.

Muzer
19 Jun 2008, 17:07
Running a palletted application in a Window is possible but it would mess up your desktop's colours.

However, running Direct Draw apps such as W:A is impossible, without emulating Direct X.

Shtirlitz
16 Jul 2009, 09:59
But you were able to make such option for in-game resolution. Please try to synchronize this option with the menu resolution parameter.

Muzer
17 Jul 2009, 18:25
Unfortunately, because of the way that the menu was made, changing the resolution isn't possible, even if it was added to the code (don't ask me for details why, I only know that much).

Fortunately, in W:A 4.0, the menu code is going to be completely rewritten. This will also allow it to work inside a window.

Unfortunately, this might take quite a while. And don't ask when, nobody knows.