PDA

View Full Version : WA is working but all I see is black...(unique problem to similer posts)

venomqman
28 May 2008, 17:01
On XP - Installed from CD - got latest update - run the game - can hear it working - BUT cannot see it working, just a black screen - can even guess where the buttons are and hear me clicking them, so it isn't crashing - have tried skipping the intro screens by changing the applications target(advised for a similer problem)

any ideas?

CyberShadow
28 May 2008, 17:02
Have you tried updating your video card drivers?

venomqman
28 May 2008, 17:04
coz im that "special" would you mind telling me how I would go about doing that?

Muzer
28 May 2008, 17:05
It is also possible that your monitor cannot display the low resolution required for WA. Try to find out somehow (look at specs, maybe you can find a test program) which is the lowest resolution your monitor can support. This will only really happen on LCD or Plasma monitors, not CRT. The WA frontend uses forced 640x480

venomqman
28 May 2008, 17:09
monitor won't drop below 800x600. Nuts!
cheers anyway

I had previously got the game working on Vista (different computer + monitor) however got the wacky colours problem, but fixing that seemed like too much effort after reading the forum. Is there any possable way to make it good on Vista (nvida 8500 graphic card)?

CyberShadow
28 May 2008, 17:56
If your computer is fast enough, you could try emulating Worms Armageddon (http://worms2d.info/Emulating_Worms_Armageddon).

Muzer
28 May 2008, 18:30
Please note that that will fix both your vista problem and your monitor problem, so you can do it on either PC.

venomqman
28 May 2008, 20:31
To anyone that knows or has tried emulation, which is the best: VirtualBox, VMware player or Virtual PC ?

MadEwokHerd
28 May 2008, 23:25
Try VirtualBox if you can. It gets the best performance for WA.