PDA

View Full Version : cant play online

basher
16 May 2008, 12:45
hi i have updatet the game to teh newest version and tryed all the things in the thread "'Fatal Error During Gameserver Connection'" and nothing helped me

thomasp
16 May 2008, 17:15
What game are you talking about?

basher
16 May 2008, 17:43
What game are you talking about?

about worms armageddon

Muzer
16 May 2008, 18:22
I assume WA or WWP, as it seems like the same error message.

Can you do this, if you have Worms Armageddon (note that if you have vista you have to do some extra steps to enable telnet (google enabling telnet vista), do that before trying this):
Press start, run, type cmd into the box and hit enter. (Vista users just type cmd into the search box and hit enter). In the black window that pops up, type:

telnet wormnet1.team17.com 6667

and hit enter. Now, you will either get a blank box with a flashing cursor or an error message. Tell us what you get and which error. Now, close command prompt + reopen it (start, run, cmd, enter like before), but this time type:

telnet wormnet1.team17.com 80

Again, the result will either be a blank window or a message. Tell us what.

If you have Worms World Party instead of Worms Armageddon, replace the first test with:

telnet wormnet1.team17.com 6677

(but keep the second one the same)

basher
16 May 2008, 18:45
I assume WA or WWP, as it seems like the same error message.

Can you do this, if you have Worms Armageddon (note that if you have vista you have to do some extra steps to enable telnet (google enabling telnet vista), do that before trying this):
Press start, run, type cmd into the box and hit enter. (Vista users just type cmd into the search box and hit enter). In the black window that pops up, type:

telnet wormnet1.team17.com 6667

and hit enter. Now, you will either get a blank box with a flashing cursor or an error message. Tell us what you get and which error. Now, close command prompt + reopen it (start, run, cmd, enter like before), but this time type:

telnet wormnet1.team17.com 80

Again, the result will either be a blank window or a message. Tell us what.

If you have Worms World Party instead of Worms Armageddon, replace the first test with:

telnet wormnet1.team17.com 6677

(but keep the second one the same)

i got armageddon and both black screens

CyberShadow
16 May 2008, 22:58
Do you have anti-virus or firewall software? If you do, try temporarily disabling them.

basher
17 May 2008, 13:51
Do you have anti-virus or firewall software? If you do, try temporarily disabling them.

i only have the standart windows firewall and kaspersky anti virus 7.0
and when i deactivate them
i cant connect too

yes i deactivated all and cant connect ...

mpau23
24 Jun 2008, 23:40
hi guys,

i have the same error message coming up and ive tryed the telnet thing and i receive an error message:

could not open connection to the host, on port 6667: connect failed

appreciate the help

thanks

CyberShadow
25 Jun 2008, 10:55
WormNET was down (http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?p=657652).

yasefgk
5 Jul 2008, 16:17
i have problems with worms armageddon online too. when i connect it loads the rooms and players and then when its half way done it crashes. help please!

CyberShadow
7 Jul 2008, 10:55
Does it create an ERRORLOG.TXT file? If it does, please compress and upload it. If it doesn't, please describe the "crash" in more detail.

dlb74
8 Jul 2008, 00:05
i have problems with worms armageddon online too. when i connect it loads the rooms and players and then when its half way done it crashes. help please!

I have pretty much the same problem! The rooms appear for about a second before the screen turns black and I get a wondows error message up on the screen saying "Worms Armageddon has encountered a problem and needs to close" and offers me the choice to send an error log to Bill Gates and his cronies.

Can anyone please advise me on how I can get to play WA online?!? Playing the computer is fine but I want more!!!

HELP!!!

CyberShadow
8 Jul 2008, 10:26
Did you update your game to the latest Beta version?