PDA

View Full Version : Running W:A on Virtual Machines

bgmagic
15 May 2008, 14:13
Hi,

I've tried VMWare, Virtual PC 2007, and VirtualBox and all have the same result when I start the game. The screen is black when the Team 17 logos are supposed to show and when I hear the title menu sounds there is a little box outline that appears at the top of screen. The intro and music continues but I cant do anything. My virtual machines have Windows XP running on all of them and I even tried it with Windows 98 and the same thing happens. I read some threads on here about getting it to run on these applications but no one seems to mention anything about this issue. Any thoughts?

franpa
15 May 2008, 14:43
I used to get this under Windows XP but it has stopped some time ago... I believe it stopped with v3.6.28.0

CyberShadow
15 May 2008, 15:48
Did you follow the guides on the Worms Knowledge Base (http://worms2d.info/Emulating_Worms_Armageddon) to the letter?

jsgnext
15 May 2008, 18:00
i managed to get wwp working in a VMware virtual machine but not WA(the screen turns black in the main menu)

bgmagic
15 May 2008, 19:31
I followed everything perfectly and I still get the same result. I hate to give up this game but I cannot get it to run on any platform anymore. I've tried running it straight on my Windows XP Pro install and it freezes my system upon exiting, and i've tried it under all of the virtual programs and I get the black screen.

CyberShadow
16 May 2008, 03:33
Judging by your previous threads, the problem is most likely with your computer, as some of the problems you're encountering have never been reported before.