PDA

View Full Version : WA crashes pc due to unknown error

MixWizard
12 May 2008, 22:27
I have been having a problem recently which i cant locate what is causing the problem.

WA seems to be causing a full system crash when i play. Sometimes i can play a whole game with no problem, but the majority of the time i will be part way through a game, sometimes just starting, and the whole system will crash meaning i have to push the reset button.

This is the only game i get this with so am pretty sure its something conflicting with the game itself. Below are the specs of the system i am running it on:

OS - Windows XP Home
CPU - Intel Q6600
Mobo - Asus Striker II Formula
RAM - 2GB DDR2-800
GFX - XFX 8800GTS 512MB (G92) / version 169.32
Sound - SupremeFX II / Driver Revision
DirectX 9.0c

robowurmz
14 May 2008, 10:29
Make sure you upgrade all drivers for all your devices. That should help with the full system crashes.

If worst comes to worst (I.E you can't find out how the crashes happen, or if they start happening all the time) you may need to flash your bios. Google "How to Flash my BIOS" for various tutorials. BEWARE; THIS IS A RISKY OPERATION. However, I succeeded, and I don't get crashes at all anymore.

CyberShadow
14 May 2008, 22:07
What do you mean by a "full system crash"?
Does your computer become unresponsive, with the sound looping?
Have you tried pressing various Windows keyboard shortcuts, such as Alt+Tab or Ctrl+Alt+Delete?