PDA

View Full Version : Worms Bug

HeroHolger
2 May 2008, 23:09
I played an very interesting elite vs Dilboy . but in the game after using axe my worm was running left but i didnt pressed the left key. i tryed to hide in the worms of dilboy but he was running away. after this turn i wasnt able to open the chat or something else.
The only thing i could do was Alt+F4.

I have seen this bug several times befor in the last few years. so i think its not a minor bug.

take a look at the replay
http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=9B7EWWQS

time 9:45

i tryed 2 times to change the direction to right but the worms just stoped for a moment his run and runs again left (after release?..i am not sure about the realease of the right key) .

but in all cases u can see that i tryed to change the runing-direction of the worm, but it doesnt worked.

maybe it is possible to use the replay to debug the problem?

best regards
HeroHolger

KRD
2 May 2008, 23:18
Happens to me all the time, but it has nothing to do with WA here. It's just the keys getting stuck and sometimes it's hard or even impossible to get them unstuck without restarting the game. I'd say try another keyboard and see if it still happens.

HeroHolger
2 May 2008, 23:19
it happends also with my old keyboard and i dont think its a problem of the keyboard because i've never seen this problem in a other program. it looks like a serios bug in the code.

why a restart of the game unstuck the keys? that makes just sence if there is a bug in the code!

CyberShadow
3 May 2008, 02:14
Have you thought that we have not heard of anything similar in all 9 years since the game has released? If it was a bug in the game code, I think someone else would have experienced it already.

I assume you tried pressing the key that was "stuck"?

Are you running any kind of macro programs? In either case, try closing all programs not essential to play the game.

Can you reproduce the problem consistently?

HeroHolger
3 May 2008, 09:45
hi...i dont use any macro-tools or cheattools.

i think this problems happens 1 time each 500 games or so. (not just with the latest patch..i have seen this bug over a long time...with low-price-keyboards and with high-end-keyboard with brand-Keyboards and with noname-keyboards..so its not a problem of the keyboard..no chance)

if this problem is not W:a then i need a reason why alt+F4 solve 100% the problem. if the Problem is not in the w:a-code then after alt+F4 the problem must be alive even in WinXP after Alt+F4 and nothing should be writable or useable under winXP becaus even no key had worked in w:a after this problem: not page down, not esc...nothing but alt+F4.

But after Alt+F4 the problem is gone. (if the key is stuck, then alt+f4 can not solve the problem!)

And even if u never heard about this problem there is no reason that this cant be a bug. (because even in each code is a bug even in a single line of code)

(Thats a bug, not a featrure)

I had this problem not with wwp and not with Worms2. (ok i played wwp just for a year or so...not so often). I have never seen a running cursor in Word or Visual Studio or any other Programs as long i dont press the key.

btw: i remember that this always happens after actvation of a weappon.

KRD
3 May 2008, 13:20
I've done a bit of testing and I can't actually get it irreversibly stuck. Pressing the key that got stuck a few times is always the solution for me... in WA. In other games, such as Jets'n'Guns (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jets%27n%27Guns) and Warning Forever (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warning_Forever), once a key gets stuck it remains stuck until the game is closed. The lasting effect is not noticeable in Windows, although my keys do get stuck there as well.

If I had to guess, I would say that in many applications the problem is triggered by pressing too many keys at the same time. But not just any keys, which makes it hard to reproduce. WA actually handles it well compared to the games I mentioned above in my case.

yakuza
3 May 2008, 13:41
This happens in many games, it has to do with minimizing and maximizing, it might be caused by something else, but what you do is press the key that is apparently stuck and the problem solved. Your problem seems like something completely different, but just in case.

GAS
3 May 2008, 16:37
Happens to me too.
my kb hasnt been modified in any way either.

What I do to fix it is just remove the key and palce it again (:
Works fine.

HeroHolger
3 May 2008, 21:05
in all cases...if the button is stuck, alt+f4 can never be a solution of the problem but here it is always a solution. if the button is stuck after alt+F4 it should already be stuck yet.

ok... i am not a messias :-) i think its a bug in the code but its not on me to fix it :-)

so close the thread

CyberShadow
4 May 2008, 03:42
Not a game bug. Your problem could be anywhere from the keyboard controller on your motherboard to the setup of your operating system. Please stop drawing conclusions and making accusations if you do not have deep knowledge in the respective field.