PDA

View Full Version : In game slowdown occasionally happening

bgmagic
2 May 2008, 00:29
Hi,

I got W:A to run fine now using the antiflicker reg entry but I remember having this other problem before with my older computers too. Occasionally, at random times during gameplay, the framrate will drop. I see the background objects (wind stuff) start to get choppy and when I scroll around the map its also choppy. The entire game slows down and I have to restart it. Now it is playable when this happens but there is no way to fix it from what I've found unless you exit W:A and open it again. The menu's run fine between the rounds. Once it happens it stays like that. I can normally play the game for 20-30 min crystal smooth then all of a sudden it slows down. Any ideas?

CyberShadow
2 May 2008, 00:56
The Cool'n'Quiet CPU setting has been known to cause similar problems. If your motherboard/CPU supports this, try turning it off in your computer's BIOS setup.

Muzer
2 May 2008, 17:31
To access your bios, if you don't know, when you first turn your computer on, right at the very beginning it might say "Press Delete/F1/Another key to enter setup" or somehing similar. Press the key it tells you, then try to find the option.

bgmagic
3 May 2008, 04:36
I don't believe that Intel supports cool 'n' quiet. I think thats an AMD processor feature.

CyberShadow
3 May 2008, 04:58
Try downloading Process Explorer (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Security/ProcessExplorer.mspx) and have it run in the background. When the slowdowns appear, minimize and check if any process other than W:A is using up considerable amounts of CPU time.

bgmagic
15 May 2008, 20:02
I have a CPU meter on my keyboard and there are no unusual spikes in the resources. The game continues to run fine its just not as fluid as it was. Strange stuff. Any word on the 4.0 beta progress?