PDA

View Full Version : mission 10 help

wfus
27 Apr 2008, 15:06
hi. i'm stuck on mission 10. i have worms armageddon on psone which i use on my ps2.

how do i complete it?

WEAPONS:

dynamite
grenade
kamikaze
2 girders
skip go
surrender

bonz
27 Apr 2008, 15:08
It seems that this Eiffel Tower mission is different for the Playstation version.

On the PC version you have the longbow to shoot off some of the mines and to create stairs to get the crate (containing an aqua sheep) at the top.

Shadowmoon
27 Apr 2008, 15:13
Well, because i've got the PC version, i don't know.

But you might want to have a look at this Guide (http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/199340/45126)

Its a walkthrough, and it includes a guide on all the missions, i think.

Yes, its from gamespot again.:p

wfus
27 Apr 2008, 15:13
after me trying it loads of times, another crate appears on the other side of the eiffel tower. how am i suppose to get that?

But you might want to have a look at this Guide (http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/199340/45126)

i was thinking from gamesradar?

franpa
27 Apr 2008, 15:16
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/199340.html

why not here?

wfus
27 Apr 2008, 15:22
that's the one i'm looking for. ;)

Muzer
27 Apr 2008, 15:37

And shadow, for the future, there are MUCH BETTER mission guides on the WA website (http://wa.team17.com/main.html?page=good&area=miss)

wfus
27 Apr 2008, 15:56
gamespot gamefaqs don't allow armax or gameshark codes to be posted on their website. how sad is that! ;)

luckily, mine does...

Shadowmoon
27 Apr 2008, 16:46
And shadow, for the future, there are MUCH BETTER mission guides on the WA website (http://wa.team17.com/main.html?page=good&area=miss)

Oh. Right. Forgot about that one.:p

wfus
27 Apr 2008, 17:34
hi. the mission guide for WA is for the PC version, and not the PS version.

Shadowmoon
27 Apr 2008, 18:12
hi. the mission guide for WA is for the PC version, and not the PS version.

You should really consider getting the PC version of WA. There's a sold out software version, which is £5.00, which is quite cheap. You won't get as much help here if you have the playstation version.

wfus
27 Apr 2008, 18:24
i can see that ;)

bonz
28 Apr 2008, 12:02
This seems to be the only WA walkthrough for the PS on GameFAQs:http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/199340/7476
10. Water Surprise-kill the enemy
Turn 1: Use a grenade to clear the bottom mine from the left side of
the tower.
Turn 2: Have one of your worms climb up to the top of the second
section from the bottom. Go back down a little bit.
Turn 3: Have your other worm backflip on top of the other. Continue to
backflip to the middle of the next higher section. Place a long girder
tilting from upper left to lower right just off vertical.
Turn 4: Do nothing.
Turn 5: Place another girder facing the other way, so you can climb up
and get the crate.
Turn 6: Do nothing.
Turn 7: Get the crate and use the aqua sheep inside. Fly it underwater
and under the land then hit the General with it.
You have an additional girder for climbing and a grenade instead of the longbow.
The PC version of this mission is much harder.

wfus
28 Apr 2008, 14:51
never mind, i've done it now.

here is a breif description of what i did {playstation version}:

use 2 grenades to clear the mines {fuse to 1 second}
scale the eiffel tower until your at the point in between the 2 crosses.
select a girder and make it as long as it will go. rotate it until it's 1 rotation away from vertical.
climb up the girder.
the computer will have a go of the mail strike. i didn't climb up the girder until after that, as it would of blown me off.
as soon as your at the very top of the 1st girder, create another one but facing the other way and so it has a little gap between the other one as you can retreat from the air strike that the computer will do.
finally climb the 2nd girder and collect the crate containing the aqua sheep.
use the aqua sheep to kill the enemy worm. fly it into the water {any direction - i chose right} and into the enemy worm.

if you need any help with the first 10 missions, feel free to pm me!

franpa
28 Apr 2008, 15:53
Wow, on the PC the computer doesnt attack you.

Muzer
28 Apr 2008, 18:18
Yes they do. Just after a few turns.

Plasma
28 Apr 2008, 21:28
Wow, on the PC the computer doesnt attack you.
If the enemy didn't attack you on the PC one, it would've been a whole lot easier!

wfus
29 Apr 2008, 18:39
i also noticed that the PC version has 33 missions and the PS version has 43! :eek:

hydro
20 Nov 2008, 16:02
Hi,

I've had a quite hard time on this level. I think I've read pretty much all the guides circulating around the boards on internet for this level. No matter how hard I tried, at some point I was out of luck. Following others footsteps and trying to figure out what they did and what they meant actually is may get a bit frustrating. So, after giving it a go for 20th time, I decided to come up with my own strategy, and surprisingly it turned out to be the simplest and rewarding guaranteed success at each try unless you are redundantly sloppy.

Now, let's get to the guide, it is pretty clear and simple. First, this is for the PC version W/A. Having noted that, at the beginning you have a bunch of longbows arrows and one single girder (Reading other guides, I realized weapon/equipment pack for this level is differing for different versions of the game, f.e. in other platforms you have two girders which simplifies things greatly).

There are two mines placed at subsequent sections of the Eiffel Tower, other guides focus on getting rid of these mines before the course of climbing up the tower. And, messing with these mines boosts the luck factor in the game, because mines most of the time end up blowing up on your head when knocked out. So, I thought maybe it is best to leave them alone, and maybe I should not use the tower at all for reaching up the crate at the top. We have one girder and excess amount of arrows to make a long hillside up to the the top: girder near the top and all the arrows added up to the tail of the girder coming down near to the tip of the blue pyramid. Girder slope should be ~67 and arrows slope should be 45 (this is the maximum angle you can shoot them anyway).

A short walkthrough:

Turn 1: Place the girder at max length and 67 degrees angle (as a reference, 0 degrees is horizontal) with its top point barely over the topmost horizontal stripe in the topmost section of the tower. The top-right end of the girder should be really close to the tower (a worm length maybe). With this placement of the girder, a worm should be able to backflip and get the crate when standing at the top of the girder.

Turn 2: Get the health pack with your second worm and at the left side of the pyramid walk to the point where the tree and pyramid meets. Aim 45 degrees (just aim all the way up) up, adjust your worm position to be able to shoot the tail of the girder. For the final position, your worms belly should be a tiny distance from the pyramid and the tree intersection point. Shoot, use your both arrows, and quickly change the position of your worm so that in the next turn your first worm can come to the same exact location (SEL) to shoot the second worms arrows following the same tactic.

Turn 3: Move to SEL with first worm, shoot twice and change position.

Turn 4: Repeat 3 with second worm.

Turn 5: Repeat 3.

Turn 6: Next turn, the general will air strike, so instead of shooting twice, just shoot once and then move to the farthest right, your worm should stop right under the bottom protrusion of the tower (BPT), waste your second arrow and don't move.

Turn 7: General will probably kill your first worm, so continue repeating 4 without changing position at the end of the turn. If your first worm is still alive, then repeat 3.

Turn 8: Next turn will witness a napalm strike, so repeat 6 exactly.

Turn 9: There will be no more assaults, so safely continue building up the hillside repeating 3, 4 or 7.

Turn (Final-1): Use up your last arrows. Your worm should be able to jump or backflip on the final arrows.

Tunn (Final): Jump on the hillside and climb all the way up to top. Backflip to get the crate. Crate will give you an aqua sheep. Aqua sheep can fly and swim in water. To use aqua sheep, hit space (it will start walking), hit space once more (it will start flying), then using only the left and right arrows of your keyboard, guide the sheep until it reaches the general. Remember you will dive in the water, and move beneath the town like a torpedo.

You should finish the level following above with not much difficulty. I even wasted two arrows and was able to complete the hillside. The best part is you don't bother with the mines and the general can't kill both your worms.

hydro
20 Nov 2008, 21:36
Wooops,

I've just finished the submarine level, and the game asks for a gold medal achieved in basic training to proceed with the next level, so I had to get back to training. In order to finish the basic training you have use the "backflip". So, I tried my best to hit "Enter" twice in order to jump backwards and combine it with firepunch to hit the crate, but unfortunately and as expected I couldn't do it. The reason was, I wasn't performing any kind of "backflip" at all. The thing is I was just jumping back, and I totally confused this with the "backflip". Once I figured out "backflip" is done with two consecutive "Backspace", it was like a charm but at the same time I really felt sorry for all the trouble I faced in the missions without being aware of "Backflip" and not even using it for once.

So, obviously the "Eiffel Tower" level was a dreadful one for me because I didn't use any "Backflip", but I've managed to finish it with my strategy. The reason of this my second post is that I just want to let you know, this "Eiffel Tower" "water surprise" level may also be straightforward with other guides as well. Sorry about that :)))). LOL.

balver
21 Nov 2008, 18:24
Try 2*Backspace.

more about in-game controls (http://worms2d.info/In-game_controls)

franpa
22 Nov 2008, 00:33
read the first paragraph in the post above yours Balver.