PDA

View Full Version : Vista Options Problems

pj85
19 Apr 2008, 21:32
Hi everyone,

Just got the game again after about 9 years!

One problem - game has been working fine, sorted neon colours on vista.

Though I'd add some new soundbanks - when i first put them in it worked and now when I go to team options the game crashes.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rioter
20 Apr 2008, 16:24
Yeh, I have had that issue before.

Best solution, use an older version of the WA program, but rename that older edition to something like WA2.exe - still works and effective.

CyberShadow
21 Apr 2008, 13:35
What do you mean by "crashes"? If you get an eror message mentioning the ERRORLOG.TXT file, compress and post the file here.

Rioter
22 Apr 2008, 19:56
What it is (I have experienced this) is that when you go into Options, then add a team or edit a team, the game just hangs, and then crashes (then ERRORLOG.TXT prompt). This seemed to have only happened with the 3.6.28.0 update, and no other version.

Originally I thought it was a coincidence, but it happens :\

Submit the error log. That should help CyberShadow or "Expert" to help.

Squirminator2k
22 Apr 2008, 23:40
Make sure all of the graves and flags in your user\graves and user\flags folders are the right dimensions and are 256 colours. This problem used to happen to me a lot until I realised I wasn't saving my custom files with the right colour depth.

franpa
23 Apr 2008, 05:37
I believe this affects the grave pack at rrkit... unless it was somewhere else i got it from.

WORM1234
23 Apr 2008, 13:33
So I finally managed to locate my WA CD after about 3 years! Now I am having the same problem here. I cannot get into the team edit options.

I have attached my ERRORLOG.txt file.

CyberShadow
23 Apr 2008, 13:47
Please read the "sticky" threads before posting.

http://worms2d.info/Troubleshooting_FAQ#WA_crashes_when_I_try_to_edit_ or_create_a_team

WORM1234
23 Apr 2008, 14:30
Hmm... I just looked at that FAQ and tried everything it suggested. I deleted all my flags, graves and closed MSN but I still can't get into those team edit options.

Rioter
24 Apr 2008, 20:47
Like I have suggested, use an older version of the WA program (the one that comes on the CD would do) and rename it Wa2.exe. Use that to edit/create your team.

Thats the best suggestion I can come up with. For longer term solutions (i.e. a bug fix, if it is a bug), I'll leave that to the expertees in the matter.

WORM1234
24 Apr 2008, 21:22
Like I have suggested, use an older version of the WA program (the one that comes on the CD would do) and rename it Wa2.exe. Use that to edit/create your team.

Thats the best suggestion I can come up with. For longer term solutions (i.e. a bug fix, if it is a bug), I'll leave that to the expertees in the matter.

Hmm... I tried that too, but when I went into team edit options it just came up with a black screen and screwed up Windows forcing me to restart this stupid OS.

Squirminator2k
24 Apr 2008, 22:03
Or use one of the many fantastic TeamEdit programs out there.

CyberShadow
24 Apr 2008, 22:25
Hmm... I just looked at that FAQ and tried everything it suggested. I deleted all my flags, graves and closed MSN but I still can't get into those team edit options.
What OS are you using?

WORM1234
24 Apr 2008, 22:33
Windows Vista.

In the meantime, I downloaded a team editing utility called TeamEd. So I can use this instead of the Team Edit options in game for now.

Thanks to S2K for the suggestion :D