PDA

View Full Version : I figured out something that fixed my worms..

QuiK
14 Apr 2008, 12:18
I was having issues with my worms armageddon..when i would minimize(or get minimized) i would not be able to maxamize back up! this was extremely frustrating, when somebody would instant message me while i was in a league game and then BOOM, ruined, automatic loss or w/e.

I figured out the issue, my graphics card was not getting enough air flow. I'm not sure how this will apply to other people's computers but to mine all i did was get a pci slot vga cooler, and a new case(new case wasn't needed just thought the antec-900 looked stellar xD)..

Try it out for yourself if you guys are having the same issue, cuz now i can minimize whenever i want AND never crash even when the comp is on all day!

Devoluti0n
14 Apr 2008, 13:52
Hmm, are you running under Vista ?
Cause people running under Vista can't maximise the game if they are in the menu (works in game). So I don't think there is a link between this problem and this solution for Vista users.

GoDxWyvern
14 Apr 2008, 15:17
Cause people running under Vista can't maximise the game if they are in the menu (works in game).
Same for me, but I'm using XP. When I minimize in the frontend, the chance of crashing the game is 75% or higher, but when ingame, I always - and I mean *always*, no exceptions - make it back into the game, no matter how long the game's going.

Plasma
14 Apr 2008, 18:21
Well, I've heard of fixing a cat or a dog, but I've never heard of fixing worms...

QuiK
14 Apr 2008, 19:25
well i was using XP, i was just trying to help nebody that uses XP and has frequent crashes when minimizing..it has to do with the temperature of the VGA card..i'm pretty sure of this..

Devoluti0n
15 Apr 2008, 00:07
i was just trying to help nebody that uses XP and has frequent crashes when minimizing

Sure, and thanks for that ;).