PDA

View Full Version : Some advice needed

Rioter
11 Apr 2008, 22:49
OK I am stuck to decide what to do here...

On my laptop, it has an (guess what...) Intel 965 Graphics Chipset. I am running Vista Home Premium on it.

Now I have a choice here.

Either I use the XP drivers, and not be able to use Aero, but play Worms. BUT some apps (namely mIRC and IE) cause the drivers to stop working and I end up with a degraded screen resolution and I have to reboot

Alternatively I use the vista drivers, and cannot play worms due to the BIG problem (unless there is a solution I missed out). I can use a VPC running 98SE which I set up, but I need to configure it to use a full resolution (1280x800 preferred) but I am currently fixed with the 4:3 res (Installing VPC tools causes the game to go funny)

So I need your advice here. What do I do here...

Cheers for reading this blah ;)

robowurmz
12 Apr 2008, 09:46
You could try a dual-boot system. It's always worked for me.

Muzer
12 Apr 2008, 13:26
Or you could install tools but disable pointer integration, but I can't remember if that option is available

CyberShadow
12 Apr 2008, 14:08
Instead of Virtual PC, you could try VMware Player and a 3rd-party tool to create a .vmx file.

Muzer
12 Apr 2008, 14:14
Can't VMWARE import MS VPC files?

danielm
13 Apr 2008, 10:52
At my PC WA works perfectly with Vista! Except my problem with the wormnet...

Muzer
13 Apr 2008, 11:14
It's for the people with Intel graphics cards/chipsets and Vista; their drivers suck.

Rioter
14 Apr 2008, 12:54
Instead of Virtual PC, you could try VMware Player and a 3rd-party tool to create a .vmx file.

Tried VMware and it just lags. Sorry but it is not a viable option.

OK disabled pointer integration and that appears to have done it. The only issue I now have is the resolution - I want a custom resolution (i.e. 1280x700) which I cannot select. Is there a way to do that (i.e. reg edit, modifiy a config file - will look at registry later)

SgtFusion
16 Apr 2008, 21:04
There should be an option for that in the options menu (just under the main menu) with a dropdown list with 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768 and whatever resolution your computer can display.

Etho.
18 Apr 2008, 00:41
There is a way to set a custom resolution by editing W:A's registry. Goto:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Team17SoftwareLTD\Worms Armageddon\Options

Adjust the value of the keys "DisplayXSize" & "DisplayYSize" to whatever you want. Just make sure you know what your monitor can handle.

Rioter
20 Apr 2008, 16:25
Heh heh, thanks Etho. done the trick