PDA

View Full Version : Is worms amrageddon same

anbisnismn
10 Apr 2008, 22:59
hello I play worms 2.
I would like to play worms armageddon but is it the same.
what is the difference please and is many people play online?

thankyou

franpa
11 Apr 2008, 04:05
there are hundreds of players (just not all online at the same time) it is quite different to worms 2 in that the rope physics are slower/different and the introduction of utilities and newer weapons.

the single biggest difference between the 2 games is the amount of control you have with schemes. worms 2 has a much broader amount of control over the weapons attributes.

robowurmz
11 Apr 2008, 07:20
Worms : Armageddon is getting updated all the time and had loads of new features; for example, you can import maps from PNG now, and they can be around the 30000 x 30000 pixel mark! You can have 250 oildrums/mines/both on screen at one time! You can enable TestStuff, which lets you stay hanging on ropes after your turn ends and abolishes the speed limit on projectiles.

W:A is THE BEST worms game.

franpa
11 Apr 2008, 07:47
but you can't have a minigun that wipes out the WHOLE map -.-

CyberShadow
11 Apr 2008, 07:52
Yes, because miniguns that "wipe out the WHOLE map" are essential for an awesome game.

yakuza
11 Apr 2008, 08:32
the single biggest difference between the 2 games is the amount of control you have with schemes. worms 2 has a much broader amount of control over the weapons attributes.

Funny you mention this, because if we compare the amount of schemes WA has in comparison to W2 it's quite the opposite.

bonz
11 Apr 2008, 09:06
minigun that wipes out the WHOLE map
It seems to me that in almost 100% of all cases when talking about W2's weapon editor people come up with the minigun quote.
I think that's because a decade back exactly this was used as an example in all the cheat/tip sections in gaming magazines and webpages. And one cheat site just copies the other.

(Similar to how people always try to edit the mission files in WA, not recognizing that the author of that "tip" on various cheat sites obviously used a cracked copy of WA where the mission files reside on the HDD rather the CD.)

And yes, WA definitely is better than the rest.
Because how many times are you really gonna adjust the weapons to ridiculous settings? They're not really balanced anymore and can't be used for serious gameplay, only for some giggles.

The new features from WA's beta updates (oversized PNG colour maps online, 250 mines/barrels,...) definitely provide more diverse, longlasting fun.

But, but, but... in W2 you can set the Prod to high power and knock worms all over the place. Ahh, shut up already! :rolleyes:

KRD
11 Apr 2008, 12:32
How about next time we just link the person asking here: http://www.nanacide.com/wahelp/info-updatefeatures.php

:p

anbisnismn
11 Apr 2008, 20:56
Thankyou
the minigun is funny
in worms two you can make grenades that will be moved by the wind.

is there an internet demo for worms armageddon?

Shockdude
11 Apr 2008, 21:44
in worms armageddon there is a setting to make all weapons (including grenades) to be affected by the wind (thinking of wwp :p)
there is no fully functional demo for worms armageddon
:p

franpa
12 Apr 2008, 03:02
you have to use a 3rd party modification with W:A to get the wind effect on nades i believe and i was kinda sarcastic about the minigun xD.

I would say W:A has the most positives in regards to it being a the best Worms game, but it does not have all the positives. weapon editing is one such thing, seriously, considering the current community, such stupid schemes will die very quickly. (and I'll add another , :)

raffie
12 Apr 2008, 13:02
a minigun that wipes out the WHOLE map

in W2 you can set the Prod to high power and knock worms all over the place.

You can do that in Worms2???
AWESOME! ;)

SgtFusion
13 Apr 2008, 01:41
I think you can also do that in WA with The Fiddler (http://worms2d.info/The_Fiddler), but it isn't (and won't be until v4.0) compatible with the latest Beta Update. And as has already been mentioned, it would be stupidly unbalanced to make a scheme like that, and things like that would probably never be used online.

Plutonic
14 Apr 2008, 19:35
What has to be high on the list of differences would be the removal of the homing cluster and homing airstrike weapons.

bonz
14 Apr 2008, 19:39
What has to be high on the list of differences would be the removal of the homing cluster and homing airstrike weapons.
That and the Cloned Sheep (herd-able sheep).

Also, the nuclear test no makes worms sick and the sheep strike has burning sheep.
And the suicide bomber is now a (weak) weapon instead of a cheat.

anbisnismn
15 Apr 2008, 18:50
You can do that in Worms2???
AWESOME! ;)

You also have set the angle so you may prod worms dirctly into the air above you this also workeds with the firepunch
http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1697436_w2.jpg

I wan 2 also no aboudt the league... can it still works?