PDA

View Full Version : Post ur favorite worms stratagies

Lorf
10 Apr 2008, 22:56
hi guys, i thought maybe we could post our favorite stratagies for W:A

mine is this: if there is an oil barrel standing on a bridge and your opponent worm is standing below it, but the bridge is so high that an explosion from the barrel wouldn't do the job, select the shotgun and shoot at the bridge, in the exact center of the barrel. the oil can will fall down (it won't explode) leaving you the possibility to shoot the oil can and to cause massive destruction!

Run
11 Apr 2008, 09:36
my favourite is freezing my worms just before SD strikes so I don't get poisoned

yakuza
11 Apr 2008, 10:26
I guess you're refering to 'moves' rather than strategies.

I've always liked the 'jump below a worm to make him fly up and then Dragon Ball him mid air into the water'. I also like to push map mines around in the most bizarre ways aiming for my opponents.

bonz
11 Apr 2008, 10:35
My favourite tricks that I do most of the time:

Using the parachute or bungee rope to get down from the top layer in a double layered cave - outside of the map.
Shooting a missile, pigeon or magic bullet above the indestructible layer on top of the map to hit hiding worms.
Shooting a missile or magic bullet under water.
Skip walking.
Moon walking.
Skipping bazooka shells on the water.

yakuza
11 Apr 2008, 10:57
I also quite enjoy standing next to my opponent, zooking fullpower to one side, have the zook come back by the wind, jump over it just in time and have it hit the opponent behind me... when it works, that is.

bonz
11 Apr 2008, 11:42
I also quite enjoy standing next to my opponent, zooking fullpower to one side, have the zook come back by the wind, jump over it just in time and have it hit the opponent behind me... when it works, that is.
I've once jumped over a grenade that rebounded. A coincidence though.

Shirdel
11 Apr 2008, 11:50
My ownage trick, very useful in Hysteria when you have 1 worm left and the enemy has 1 worm left:
Equip JetPack. Instantly equiep Bazooka. If the wind is max power towards the enemy, then fire your Bazooka. It should speed straight into the enemy.
Once I did this with a friend of mine offline, and I got a direct hit, and to add insult to injury, his worm fell down and plopped. The perfect hysteria respect trick. ;)

bonz
11 Apr 2008, 12:13
Another favourite of mine:
Tele-kill

Especially nice if you can pull one off in a Hysteria teleporting across the map and still lining up with the target worm in one second.

GreeN
11 Apr 2008, 15:41
Hysteria is perfect for stuff like this

If I feel like showing off, I'll jetpack straight below an enemy (That may look unreachable) and finish off with a swift firepunch after releasing from jetpack in mid-air

Although at this time, I've normally realised that I'm about to land even further from the ground than I was in the jetpack, and probably land on a mine or something :P

mushroom
20 Apr 2008, 23:13
cluster ****. :cool:
arrow/petrol blocking in shoppers.
cow racking.
firepunch/blowtorch through land without opening the land while collecting a cr8 or doing damage.
minigun or uzi through multiple sections of land for a kill or push into water.
roofing in t17.
using old lady and fast walk together to quickly walk in front of granny so it turns at just the right moment.
using the upward baseball bat or arrow trick to get sweet knock downs.
130+ flamethrower damage.
using freeze and then nuke in conjunction with a partner.
using rope for aiming guns, etc.
bungee retrievals.
drowning your own worm to get a turns advantage in ctf.
using baseball bat + low grav together on your own worm to give him a distance advantage in ctf.
using arrows for ladders.

lots more.

TeDdywoRm
21 Apr 2008, 06:46
My favorite is using firepunch, prod or other melee weapons and making my enemy land exactly on a mine, then explode next to a worm, and you get rest. I also like it when I place a cluster bomb under an enemy worm and when it explodes, he flies really high since all of the clusters hit him at the same time.

Shadowmoon
21 Apr 2008, 09:25
Barrel Boom: Shooting a barrel with a bazooka, dropping dynamite, throwing grenades, etc.

Anything that explodes a barrel, which is next to a worm.

And it always works.

Rope Attack: Roping and throwing a dynamite, mine, holy hand grenade, etc, on the worms head.

I rope a lot.

I have more strategies too, but i'm too lazy to post them all now.:p

Lord Nox N
21 Apr 2008, 10:25
Minigunning worms into petrol pits :smile:
Banana spread/OHKO

super_frea
21 Apr 2008, 19:57
Using a large explosion to not only kill as many worms as possible but launch my worm to part of the map he would not be able to jump to. Pointless but strangely satisfying.

Chip
23 Apr 2008, 12:53
Minigunning someone into a corner at like point blank range.
Use a single Battle axe to a group of people together like 3 or more worms.
Drill a worm with me down into an unescapable pit where I fire punch em todeath later on - I always play with less worms then the AI so I'm certain to make 2-3 turns before that enemy worm gets to fight back.

my favourite is freezing my worms just before SD strikes so I don't get poisoned

That's probably the greatest thing I have ever heard!!! Finally a use for Freeze!!!

yakuza
23 Apr 2008, 14:35
Counter freezing tactics is the use of petrol, goes without saying.

Plasma
23 Apr 2008, 20:41
I like using the blowtorch to push enemies long-distance off an edge.
It's easier in W:ASO though, because the worms tend to slide down edges better, and the excavator (sci-fi word for blowtorch) pushes them further.

anbisnismn
24 Apr 2008, 21:23
big wind and parachute to drop weapons and fly away is good

Shadowmoon
27 Apr 2008, 14:52
big wind and parachute to drop weapons and fly away is good

Yes, it works well especially if your on a high platform. But then again, Bungee is good for dropping stuff from high platforms as well.

I also drop stuff from the Jetpack.

wfus
27 Apr 2008, 14:53
cluster ****. :cool:
arrow/petrol blocking in shoppers.
cow racking.
firepunch/blowtorch through land without opening the land while collecting a cr8 or doing damage.
minigun or uzi through multiple sections of land for a kill or push into water.
roofing in t17.
using old lady and fast walk together to quickly walk in front of granny so it turns at just the right moment.
using the upward baseball bat or arrow trick to get sweet knock downs.
130+ flamethrower damage.
using freeze and then nuke in conjunction with a partner.
using rope for aiming guns, etc.
bungee retrievals.
drowning your own worm to get a turns advantage in ctf.
using baseball bat + low grav together on your own worm to give him a distance advantage in ctf.
using arrows for ladders.

lots more.

is the ''flame thrower'' a PC bonus weapon, because it's not on the PS version.

Shadowmoon
27 Apr 2008, 15:04

Yes, it indeed is. Its a PC exclusive.;)

bonz
27 Apr 2008, 15:09
Yes, the Playstation does not have any flame/fire weapons.