PDA

View Full Version : wkRubberWorm: worms bounces

Pages : 1 [2]

pisto
24 Aug 2008, 19:32
pisto, the file versions.txt contains improper info. In game lobby, the /help command tells that you must select version value 1-255 as specified in versions.txt but in that file, possible versions are listed in hexadecimal.
e.g I wanted to play rubber wxw on 150%speed and to achieve it, I had to convert the hex value in versions.txt to decimal because in versions.txt you see "4A" for 150%speed (4Ah = 74 in this case).

why don't you use /150? it's the native commmand to get that version.

NoteVan
1 Sep 2008, 05:48
New question for you: Would it be possible to make it so that when using invisibility you wouldn't become visible from using a weapon? You'll see why I ask this when Clavius gets around to posting the next video.

balver
1 Sep 2008, 09:40
New question for you: Would it be possible to make it so that when using invisibility you wouldn't become visible from using a weapon? You'll see why I ask this when Clavius gets around to posting the next video.

And what, if you're used zooka or grenade? A zooka missle appearing out of nowhere could reveal a hidden worm.

franpa
1 Sep 2008, 09:52
so? it is still handy if playing games with retreat time.

balver
1 Sep 2008, 09:58

OK, you're right :)

NoteVan
2 Sep 2008, 02:06

shot doesn't end turn + weapon + teleport = ???

franpa
2 Sep 2008, 02:27
thats another good example.

Gnork
2 Sep 2008, 11:25
I suggest some code in rubber which makes sure some (all) fx are simply HALTED after a certain timeout when a turn ends. This to get rid of worms / mines in orbit circling around, worms getting stuck in a corner and keep on spinning there, etc, etc... It really sux having to decide to rehost or take a wait for several minutes while getting hypnotized by a flying worm.

raffie
2 Sep 2008, 18:45
getting hypnotized by a flying worm.

Taken out of context, this is too daft to not be hilarious.:p

FawFuL
8 Sep 2008, 15:45
erm.. how to use that wormkit? i thought you can do things with it like the fiddler does. if i start up i come in worms, but if i want to run i get an error, it says that i have to look in errortext.log and then it quits :S...
can anybody explain this? i hardly know what is able with wormkit..

franpa
9 Sep 2008, 04:46
update to the latest version of wkrubberworm. http://forum.team17.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=31755&d=1217864591

I suggest some code in rubber which makes sure some (all) fx are simply HALTED after a certain timeout when a turn ends. This to get rid of worms / mines in orbit circling around, worms getting stuck in a corner and keep on spinning there, etc, etc... It really sux having to decide to rehost or take a wait for several minutes while getting hypnotized by a flying worm.
Are you using W:A 3.6.29.0 and the latest rubber worm? I haven't had this occur, EVER.

Gnork
9 Sep 2008, 10:22
update to the latest version of wkrubberworm. http://forum.team17.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=31755&d=1217864591

Are you using W:A 3.6.29.0 and the latest rubber worm? I haven't had this occur, EVER.

duh? several times on several maps. :)

FawFuL
9 Sep 2008, 12:31
so it's only able to use wormkit in worms armageddon version .28? and not .29?. because my game crashes everytime when i do 'start game' in the screen when the map is loading and it's loading to begin, then it's crashing

Run
9 Sep 2008, 17:47

good idea really, perhaps an option too so people can choose how long they're willing to wait

Gnork
9 Sep 2008, 22:24
good idea really, perhaps an option too so people can choose how long they're willing to wait

yes, of course with timeout value, thought about it but didn't mention it in the post - Pisto would think of that himself already ;)

Gnork
9 Sep 2008, 22:26
so it's only able to use wormkit in worms armageddon version .28? and not .29?. because my game crashes everytime when i do 'start game' in the screen when the map is loading and it's loading to begin, then it's crashing

0.7.32 only works with .29 <- at least, that's what I heard and read in the f* manual :)
Delete other wk modules (like wkick), they might be/are incompatible with .29 and make wormkit crash.

franpa
10 Sep 2008, 02:50
If you use the latest WkRubberWorm module with wormkit, you can use wormkit with .29. there are other modules for wormkit that will only work with .28, avoid these otherwise .29 will crash

caelum
23 Sep 2008, 19:24
Hmm... Rubber and wk installed just fine. When I attempt to start through wormkit.exe the screen blinks black and I return back to windows... Any help? I'm running the latest patch, so that shouldn't be the problem. I'm running a Windows XP x64 system though.

pisto
24 Sep 2008, 14:16
does it crash also with other wk modules? If so, it must be a wormkit problem, ask CyberShadow.

pisto
28 Sep 2008, 14:08
btw, works are going on.
actually the coding and the debugging has already been done for the new features, that are teststuff+jetpack bug fix, phantom worms, multiple blackholes (with selectable distance exponent, that is you can make constant gravity, increasing or decreasing to distance), different gravity "schemes" for objects/worms and normal gravity/low gravity, new crateshower (that doesn't wait that all crates aren't moving and doesn't drop between turns, craterate is applied and the delay is selectable), little new things on antisink and rubber, retro-compatibily system and external file format.
rubber still lacks of the mission parameters and individual weaponary for erach teams (that opens the way for resuming multiple-rounds game), but now I'm implementing the network protocol (it includes the version recognizing, and it's halfway). The GUI is implemented by option'sw, who's champing at the bit because the dll is not yet ready to communicate with it:D.

after a discussion with Chandler I decided that wkick will be included in the next rubberworm, but the host must specify the reason for which he's been kicked (breaking of rules or offensive behaviour), and it will be shown to the being excluded guy. So, the command will be like /kick playername scheme|offensive (for example if scheme is bnc, it'll show bnc rules).

I don't know when it will be ready, because I spend lot of my time PLAYING worms instead of CODING it:D

raffie
28 Sep 2008, 14:26
That all sounds quite interesting! Can't wait!
:)

Gnork
30 Oct 2008, 11:49
I'm experiencing desyncs with wormkit, and I wonder why they appear.

For instance: I just started wormkit, hosted a shop online but without any settings for rubber or using other modules - then at the point where some newbie pressed the quit button, all other players desynced upon their turnstart. The game had .28 and .29 players involved.

Seen this more; at first I thought it was a small bug when hosting with wormkit from prosnooper, since I notice a lot more desyncs of players as opposed to hosting from within WA.

Since rubberworm came out, I almost never click my w:a icon anymore - all games go either via the snooper (loading wormkit) or via my wormkit icon. Since the new wormkit binary came out, the problem is still there. Hmm... Perhaps it is a bug in rubberworm - anyone having similar troubles? Or is it just my network driver sending out buggy packets :P

franpa
30 Oct 2008, 12:00
its a bug in 3.6.29.0
it is documented to cover games that dont just include players running the latest version.

Askill3
3 Nov 2008, 00:07
Yeah, I get desynced upon there turn start too, And we was both running the latest version, Something must be up.

CyberShadow
3 Nov 2008, 06:17
Please read the sticky threads before posting.

franpa
3 Nov 2008, 06:40
Please read the sticky threads before posting.

specifically ones in the W:A Support Forum.

Malevol3nt
5 Nov 2008, 17:14
I'm not sure if this is a bug or it's supposed to work this way, but /antisink seems to be working weird in this instance:

On surf games, if you've attached the rope and have the rope selected (for enter), and you hit the ceiling while you try to surf (thus you drown), you get reseted to your last position but your turn ends.

However, if you've attached the rope but have the paraschute selected (for enter), and you hit the ceiling again while trying to surf (thus you drown), you get reseted to your last position but you still have your turn untill the time ends.

Is this a bug?

pisto
5 Nov 2008, 18:23
can I see the replay? I think it's something that's not related to RubberWorm though

Malevol3nt
5 Nov 2008, 18:50
can I see the replay? I think it's something that's not related to RubberWorm though

Yeah I think you're right. Oh and I used TS, that might of had something to do with it. As I see it:

In general it's like this: With TS, when you hit a wall or ceiling, you get a few seconds to switch to shute or otherwise you loose control while in air and you fall and your turn is over.

The thing is, when you try to surf and you hit a ceiling fast, you fall in water pretty quickly and I guess the engine thinks you've hit the floor when you're beamed to your past position by antisink.
But when you have the shute selected for enter (not activated but selected) when you fall into the water after you hit the ceiling you get beamed to your past position by antisink but the engine thinks youve landed safely and you're turn isn't over yet.

Anywho I'm gonna show you a replay soon, but it might be that's just how the engine works.. dunno.

franpa
6 Nov 2008, 00:32
It could be simply because Rubberworm does not take into account hitting your head on the roof while retaining your go because that simply doesn't happen outside of TS, The bug is likely to be that using a parachute changes the behavior and not the fact that you lose your go.

anyways, thats probably what you were getting at too...

Malevol3nt
6 Nov 2008, 02:15
It could be simply because Rubberworm does not take into account hitting your head on the roof while retaining your go because that simply doesn't happen outside of TS, The bug is likely to be that using a parachute changes the behavior and not the fact that you lose your go.

anyways, thats probably what you were getting at too...

Must be TS, since it allows bumping into wall and continuing your go if you're fast enough (well u dont have to be that fast actually) to attach again or use a shute.

I think TS and rubberworm are confusing each other in this kind of situation:

When you hit the ceiling and dont have the shute selected, you dive in water and as soon as you get in water antisink takes control, it beams you to your last location however TS is still expecting you to fall. So as soon as you get beamed to your last location TS thinks you've fallen to the ground and predicts that your move is over.

BUT, if you had a shute selected, you hit that ceiling again and the shute doesnt activate fast enough and you dive into the water, antisink takes control again and beams you to your last location, then TS takes control again. Only this time TS thinks you've used the shute to safely land.

I think the problem might be the "beaming back" part, as it only places the worm in a different location but it doesn't get rid of any damage information or if you've lost control in air.

Here's the replay:
Download here (https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=622329585&email=72c66deadc0e21ebdce97c80998da765)

Remember to watch the replay with wormkit, or the replay will finnish in a few seconds.

Here are my moves chronologically:

1. Hit the ceiling with only the rope selected - My move ends.
2. Hit the ceiling with shute selected - My move doesn't end,
3. I dive while hanging on the rope - My move doesn't end,
4. I use the shute only to dive - My move doesn't end,
5. Hit the ceiling with shute selected - My move doesn't end,
6. Hit the ceiling with only the rope selected - My move ends.

pisto
17 Nov 2008, 18:43
as you probably guessed, RubberWorm is actually in idle state: I've written a lot of code for the next version, some features are already playable (at least offline, like the new improved crateshower and craterate), but I can't find time to end it because my tasks and habits have changed lately. See you not before next year probably, when I start university.

anyway, I found (after CyberShadow comment on feedback.worms2d.info) the switch that controls how many flames can be on the landscape simultaneously. I made a program like wa-hacks (so, all the clients need it and must activate the same limit before the start of the game) that can tamper it. Here (http://www.webalice.it/micioptah/)

CyberShadow
17 Nov 2008, 19:09
If you did this how I think you did this (only changing one variable from 200), it might break instant replays... use with care.

pisto
17 Nov 2008, 19:11
I did it as you think. Even if the variable is set every 10 milliseconds (about)?

EDIT:
some tests results: it doesn't break instant replays, but after some threshold the flames are created, but not their sprites! so we have invisible flames:eek::D

CyberShadow
17 Nov 2008, 20:26
Right, that's the other side-effect.
As for instant replays - try it with 48 worms and 250 mines/barrels :) The instant replay buffer has a limited size.

KMZ
30 Nov 2008, 01:28
I have a pair wishes...
When in the scheme it is used superweapons, at inclusion of options of rubberworm, the some superweapons (that which value of boxes is used for storage of values) disappears. You can fix it?
And... You can make the separate module CrateFinder? Sometimes at game schemes with options of rubberworm come across, occurs desynchronization....

pisto
30 Nov 2008, 12:58
I have a pair wishes...
When in the scheme it is used superweapons, at inclusion of options of rubberworm, the some superweapons (that which value of boxes is used for storage of values) disappears.

I'd like to hear CyberShadow's reply about this, because other users experienced this bug but I never.

Konar6
30 Nov 2008, 13:24
And... You can make the separate module CrateFinder? Sometimes at game schemes with options of rubberworm come across, occurs desynchronization....
Crate finder doesn't do desynchronisations: you can use it even when playing people without RubberWorm active. However, there are people who have no clue about RubberWorm which have set crate probabilities of super weapons to non-zero value in their scheme (which is useless since you can't set those) and that activates RubberWorm features on users running it. That causes desynchronisations.
The only thing you can do for now is to tell people to edit their schemes (set crate probabilities of super weapons to 0) to be compatible with users running RubberWorm. I recommend SchemeEddy (http://worms2d.info/SchemeEddy).

franpa
30 Nov 2008, 14:25
Konar6 has the solution :)

KMZ
30 Nov 2008, 21:53
The only thing you can do for now is to tell people to edit their schemes (set crate probabilities of super weapons to 0) to be compatible with users running RubberWorm. I recommend SchemeEddy (http://worms2d.info/SchemeEddy).
It not the best solution... Never you know, what scheme will get...

franpa
1 Dec 2008, 07:05
or better yet, use WA.EXE when playing games :) only use WORMKIT.EXE when you know you are going to play a game that uses rubberworm.

karseet
13 Dec 2008, 08:26
franpa is a silly goose.

xTRx Camper here :D

l7cx1Cl
9 Apr 2009, 12:30
When i open wormkit and try to log on to wormnet when i click on anythinggoes it crashes... :(

can anyone help?? ty

altair
18 Oct 2009, 10:18
Hi !
I'm quite surprised to find out some new stuff in wa cause the last time I play it was in 2007. Yesterday, I discover the wormkit, rubberworms, projectX and wahack. The videos of the new roping tricks they provide make me cry :D so I wanted to try them all but I had some issues so I hope you can help me :rolleyes:

I've installed wa with the patch (3.0) and the update (3.6.29.0), then I install the wormkit and finally rubberworms.

So I launch wormkit and I tried some schemes of rubberworms. It works but I couldn't change parameters in the chat box , when i write /help or /teststuff or something else, the answer is "unknown command", do you have a solution for this issue ?

I have another issue with project x. First I removed the dll of rubberworms, i put the px dll in the folder and then I tried to launch it but, every times, it doesn't work. When i minimize the game, the px module is freezing and gives no answer. Do i miss something to get it work ?

And I tried to run wahack but I didn't understand (I read the instructions...) how it works... The commands, like Ctrl +1, make a sound error so i guess i forgot something. Could you help me ?

I thank you all for helping me, the answers will also probably help other eople who will have the same problems =)

altair

pisto
18 Oct 2009, 18:21
99% you are typing those command ikn the in-game chat, you have to use them in the lobby (pre-game) chat. Read the http://worms2d.info/RubberWorm page.
stop using wahacks, it works only in the previous update, and most of its feature have been included in RW.
I can't answer about px, there's a thread in this section for it.

altair
19 Oct 2009, 20:47
Thanks for your answer Pisto =)
Yes it worked in the lobby !

I saw that we can edit our schemes but do you know a place where I can find warmer schemes with some of the modifications you programmed ?
I would like, for example:), a scheme with rope+, antisink, no fall damage on a base of a roper scheme. does this scheme already exist ?

You really did a very good job, thanks for all Pisto !

Stef

b1llygo4t
20 Oct 2009, 01:33
altair, you can extract the scheme from a replay and it will retain its rubberworm options. its always a good idea to put RW at the beginning of the schemes name btw.

altair
21 Oct 2009, 13:14
Ok thanks for all, I'll try this tomorow !

StepS
10 Nov 2009, 11:19
Hi! RubberWorm is a good module, thanks!
But I have a problem with one of features.
When I set the value of jetpack fuel (using /jetpack###), and then type /show in server lobby, I get a response that this feature is enabled, and I see my value entered.
But in game, when I try to use jetpack, its fuel is again 30! Why?
Anyone else has this problem?

b1llygo4t
11 Nov 2009, 10:25
are you enabling test stuff? i seem to remember /ts disabling that rubber feature.

StepS
11 Nov 2009, 11:02
are you enabling test stuff? i seem to remember /ts disabling that rubber feature.

Yes, i enabled "ts3" feature. I'll try to turn it off.
Maybe, it replaces jetpack fuel in reason of jetpack bug? Installing of wkJetFix will solve this problem?

pisto
11 Nov 2009, 18:58
do not use the rubberworm feature to set the jetpack fuel. Instead, set it throuhg the native scheme setting, as described in the readme of the latest official update.

StepS
13 Nov 2009, 10:09
hm, b1llygo4t was right, TS removes this feature. I also tried to enable Project X with its settings of jetpack fuel; it works, but only maximum 255 (not infinite).
Thanks Pisto for your recommendation. I found that it's now possible to set jetpack fuel from scheme (power 5 + desired fuel)! So, I will more often read "Readmes"!
But another problem with it! When uploading a scheme to a WSDB base, it automatically corrects the power of utilities! However, I don't already use hostingbuddy with its possibilities (because I solved the problem with Wormkit, that was working and giving reports, but didn't load the modules, e.g. Wormnat2, rubberworm, etc.), but for some players it would be a problem also!

lales
6 Jan 2010, 20:22
i use to play rubber games but i need to format PC, today i reinstalled Wormkit and Rubberworm ... but they didnt works, my game crash always

Pisto, u remember that we are playing and testing some mole-shopper but now... i cant host a game using rubber ;/

i dl Wkit and Rubber and put in WA folder , i think im doing something wrong .. but im trying to fix it 6 hours and reading forums, etc... im tired

ne1 can HELP me plz?!?!?!
ty all

lales
6 Jan 2010, 21:17
this is the ERRORLOG

pisto
7 Jan 2010, 09:52
I'm sorry, i can't help you. Try to run the installer that you can find in the worms2d.info/RubberWorm page.

franpa
7 Jan 2010, 12:37
Lales, update your game to the latest version.

GreeN
7 Jan 2010, 15:55
Lales, update your game to the latest version.

You sound so confident, yet you quite clearly ignored the error log lales just posted

Edit: lales, you have "wkick.dll" in your WA folder? If that is Pistos module, I believe that was only for 3.6.28.0 and not the latest beta

lales
7 Jan 2010, 16:20
You sound so confident, yet you quite clearly ignored the error log lales just posted

Edit: lales, you have "wkick.dll" in your WA folder? If that is Pistos module, I believe that was only for 3.6.28.0 and not the latest beta

very nice EDIT mofo :D
i was talking with u about it now, well, ty everybody
i hope that experience will be good to someone, remove Wkick to main WA folder, better... dont experiment with files when u download it

EDIT: i know that u knew it Greeny :) ^^

GreeN
7 Jan 2010, 21:47
I know, lales, I know