PDA

View Full Version : Error with worm net

Ringo
5 Apr 2008, 16:05
Hi all, sry if im missing somthing, but I just brought the game and installed it a few times, with and with out dx6 (already have/had dx9 installed tho) and the game crashs when i connect to worm net :(

Once i login (enter a name and password etc) the game crashs with the following error:

Worms Armageddon has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

AppName: wa.exe AppVer: 3.0.0.0 ModName: dxmfc.dll
ModVer: 1.0.0.1 Offset: 000250d5

How to fix this please? :(
I want to come on and play with you guys very much! :(

thanks very much in advance

thomasp
5 Apr 2008, 16:18
Have you applied the latest Beta Update and necessary patches from http://wa.team17.com ?

Looking at the version number, you haven't got the latest Beta update.

Ringo
5 Apr 2008, 16:26
Have you applied the latest Beta Update and necessary patches from http://wa.team17.com ?

Looking at the version number, you haven't got the latest Beta update.

thank you for the quick reply.
Do i just need to install v3.6.28.0 Beta Update .exe ?
I installed the 3.0 patch but it broke the game, so i had to reinstall.

Thanks in advance
PS: thought the worm net would detect i need update

Oh, ok thanks very much, works now, yay :D
Man, I havent played worms for at least 10+ years! (Used to have the orginal on the spec 48k)!

Muzer
5 Apr 2008, 16:53
Um, no you didn't, no Worms games were ever made for the Speccy, that was an April Fools' Joke. Are you sure you're not thinking of another game?

Ringo
5 Apr 2008, 17:18
Um, no you didn't, no Worms games were ever made for the Speccy, that was an April Fools' Joke. Are you sure you're not thinking of another game?

Hmm, might have been another system, but was around that time :D

Anyway, I got a new problem now. I just joined my 1st game, and a mesage came up "connection to the network has droped" or somthing
Now, I cant see any players or games when I logon the server, whats up with that?

Muzer
5 Apr 2008, 17:34
Have you restarted the game/PC?

Ringo
5 Apr 2008, 18:16
Have you restarted the game/PC?

ye restarting the game fixed it, thx

franpa
6 Apr 2008, 02:32
FYI, the 3.0 patch does not add windows XP support to the game. You need to install a beta update for it.