PDA

View Full Version : Is this a World Record?????!

simon@alph
4 Apr 2008, 13:58
Me and my mate have been playing worms every lunchtime at work for a few years now and our current scores are:

Arsenal 11162
Liverpool 11126

As you can see we're pretty evenly matched (heres hoping Arsenal do Liverpool tomorrow and tuesday!)

But has anyone got a score as massive as that?????

And can anyone give me any idea of how the scores are worked out when you win a game as we can never fathom it !!!!

Dario
4 Apr 2008, 16:40
My team has 40158 points even though there were several rollbacks (format C ne1?), although in the last 2 or 3 I saved the whole users folder so as to keep all the maps, schemes, replays and the always useful unlocking of everything in the in-game scheme editor.
Regards how the scores are worked out I have no idea. I find those scores so meaningless that I never even bothered trying to figure it out even though im obsessive enough to pay attention to uzi bullet dispersion just in case there is a pattern there.

But if you are curious, I doubt 40158 points is even close to the highest score held by someone who has been playing for a longer time and never lost the data.

Plutonic
4 Apr 2008, 21:20
If you add up all the scores for my teams it reaches about 5000ish, but then again, I only realy played online, which doesn't add to that score, for the highest off-line scores you need to hunt out those who never bothered playing online.

Patrick_
4 Apr 2008, 21:49
Sheesh Dario, 40K points is a _lot_. :D I've reinstalled my Windows install too many times, but I don't really care about the points, anyway.

yakuza
4 Apr 2008, 22:19
I had around 111.xxx score on my WillyWinsKilling team last I remember, that was around 2003 or so.

Skeeter
4 Apr 2008, 23:51
Im 5966 and i havnt been playing long just roughly 5 months or so. But thats mostly everyday for a quick match here and there.

raffie
5 Apr 2008, 09:43
If you add up all the scores for my teams it reaches about 5000ish, but then again, I only realy played online, which doesn't add to that score, for the highest off-line scores you need to hunt out those who never bothered playing online.
ehhh, sure it adds to tat score, i've never played offline and I have a team with 12k points and a second one with 9k points

40k holy crap :eek:

KORAS
7 Apr 2008, 22:02
41994^^ but.... I play offline very rare, at least here I am better then Dario:p

Chip
8 Apr 2008, 16:44
My scores would be something sickly high if I were to add up all my scores.
My first team (Named Tyranids) collected a massive score and I do believe it was around 3-40K. This was because I played it all the time since it was when I first got the game.

Then I got a new computer and installed the game onto that. My new team on that computer (named Tyranids) also kicked up a high, this time as the game ran smoothly with all the background on I just played in non stop over and over and even used the fiddler when the game had been going on for like 3 years. This time I made a score which was my highest ever but I do not know the exact score so I wony post anything relating to this. (but I'm thinking 50K)
That computer was also the one responsable for destroying my original WA CD :(
But that didn't stop me. I got another game (CD slightly different from my first one, the black colour was brown?) And continued on with the game.

Then I got a new computer like 2 years later after that. This computer is this one I'm on at this moment now - typing this post. At first all was lost as I could no longer play the game due to Windows XP but I then discovered the beta patches and here I am. My new team (Tyranids) didn't score too high as I just didn't play the game as much as i have done in the past but I still managed to string the game out now and again through another 5 years or so.

Then I got my very own computer, and so my new team (Tyranids which were later renamed "Fleet Evormorph" which is short for Tyranid Hive-fleet Evormorph) has started scoring. Nothing too high as of now but I have done the best ever in WA now then I have ever done. Not only did I complete all the missions in a short space of time but also completed the dreaded artillery training which I have never done and so unlocked the Full wormage!!! (yay)!!!
So far I have had my computer for 2 years but haven't played worms much on it. I guess I'm just waiting for the fiddler support again since when I lost that my consitant playing of worms decreased.