PDA

View Full Version : Can't save

Yabada
29 Mar 2008, 06:17
Hello,

Everytime I modify my options, I can't save this modification because the Save button is always greyed out. What can I do ?

Thanks.

Edit : Oh, I also can not open the Multiplayer mode (up-right in the menu) ; it keeps closing the game for some reason.

CyberShadow
29 Mar 2008, 07:00
First question: you need to type in a name for your game scheme first:
Second question: how does it "close"? Does it display an error message of some sort?

Yabada
29 Mar 2008, 08:04
First question: you need to type in a name for your game scheme first:
Thanks, that worked.

Second question: how does it "close"? Does it display an error message of some sort?
No, it just closes the game. WA just disappears from the taskbar without any kind of error message. It closes a few milliseconds after the cursor becomes a timer (loading time).

Muzer
29 Mar 2008, 09:01
Does it only affect that i.e. you can play say a training mission absolutely fine?

And have you the latest beta update (3.6.28.0)?

Yabada
29 Mar 2008, 19:21
Does it only affect that i.e. you can play say a training mission absolutely fine?
Yes, everything else works perfectly.

And have you the latest beta update (3.6.28.0)?
Hum, I don't know how to find out. I downloaded it directly from trygames, so I guess it's the latest version (I might be wrong, heh.).

bonz
29 Mar 2008, 19:35
Hum, I don't know how to find out. I downloaded it directly from trygames, so I guess it's the latest version (I might be wrong, heh.).
Uh oh!

The Trymedia version is incompatible with the beta updates. Your version is 3.0.5.0.
I highly suggest that you get a refund (http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33495) and buy a proper retail CD version (original or budget re-release).
Check out the multipacks (https://secure.team17.com/browse.html?area=selection&productid=24&platform=PC/MAC) on the T17 store!
You can probably get 2 or 3 games (including shipping to Canada) for the price you paid for the rip-off Trymedia version.