PDA

View Full Version : BUG: Break the weapon panel during turn switch

canofworms
26 Mar 2008, 11:05
In the latest beta patch, you can view your weapon panel before its your turn.

Now lets say I did that, and I kept it open while it was switching back to my user. Parts of the weapon panel do not re-enable themselves. It gets worse however, right clicking brings up another panel, which is identical (with some items disabled).

I can select any weapon I wish with no trouble (panel does not close), but if I use a weapon that requires use of the mouse, I cant move the mouse because it is stuck in the panel, but I can click in the field (aka killing my worm).

I found this issue with 2 players, 2 teams each on a direct-ip game (e.g. each player has 16 worms in two teams).

franpa
26 Mar 2008, 11:19
normally when your turn ends your panel is closed and you have to right click again. i guess the problem lies in something stopping this from occuring.

Deadcode
26 Mar 2008, 19:46
This bug has been fixed in the upcoming version of W:A:

In a game where the local player had more than one team of the same colour, if the weapon panel was opened when it was not the local player's turn, and kept open, the panel would become "stuck" during the local player's turns (of any of its teams except the first of that colour), and attempts to access the panel would result in a second, glitchy panel appearing. (The "stuck" panel could only be closed when it was not the local player's turn, or automatically at the beginning of the local player's first team's turn.)

canofworms
26 Mar 2008, 20:24
This bug has been fixed in the upcoming version of W:A:

In a game where the local player had more than one team of the same colour, if the weapon panel was opened when it was not the local player's turn, and kept open, the panel would become "stuck" during the local player's turns (of any of its teams except the first of that colour), and attempts to access the panel would result in a second, glitchy panel appearing. (The "stuck" panel could only be closed when it was not the local player's turn, or automatically at the beginning of the local player's first team's turn.)

Deadcode! Good to see you :)

Thanks for the heads up :)

Of course now I would do the age old and inappropriate thing and ask when it is, but ill abstain ;)