PDA

View Full Version : Might be a solution for problem with vista chipset

rennikz
25 Mar 2008, 20:51
ok i try using this game on my mum's vista home edition and it fail to work.... works find on the pc downstairs with windows xp.... but with my friends vista pro laptop something strange happen i installed the game it didn't worked but then he told me games doesn't work unless he changed the setting to vista basic and that he set a key on one of his games

so when he click on it, it automatically changes to vista basic... but there is a catch the game must remain open in order to play worms Armageddon i was shocked and in disbelief to find that worms Armageddon was working find on his laptop

after i open up the game.... so i copied the same game to my mum's laptop and tried it for myself but it fail to work.... so when he gets home i'm gonna post his specs for the laptop and try to get him to remember exactly what he did in order to get this god damn thing to work

this might be nonsense to some of u but it may set off a light blob in someones head

post a reply if you have any idea as to how to get to vista basic!

bonz
25 Mar 2008, 22:08
but there is a catch the game must remain open in order to play worms Armageddon
Do you mean an Explorer window of the installation folder must remain open?
If so, this is a known workaround that has helped people before.

rennikz
25 Mar 2008, 22:24
no the game that changes the settings to vista basic must stay open but it turns out that he has a dell laptop and i read a post before saying dell works i have a hp laptop

rennikz
26 Mar 2008, 03:02
ok this is his specs:

Manufacturer: Dell

Model: Inspiron 1501

Processor: Mobile AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3600+ 2.00GHz

Memory (RAM): 894 MB

System Type: 32-bit Operating System

Graphic Chipset: ati raedon express 1150

my spec

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

Model: HP G5000 (GH972EA#ABU)

Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2130 @ 1.86GHz, 1867 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

Memory (RAM): 1014 MB

System Type: 32-bit Operating System

Graphic Chipset: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family

canofworms
26 Mar 2008, 14:56
Graphic Chipset: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family

I have heard of something bad with these chipsets.

You got the latest beta patch?

bonz
26 Mar 2008, 15:22
I have heard of something bad with these chipsets.
Something?
I'd say everything. :rolleyes:

canofworms
26 Mar 2008, 15:24
Something?
I'd say everything. :rolleyes:

I only found out what just now XD