PDA

View Full Version : wormnet appears broken

franpa
23 Mar 2008, 08:52
wormnet appears broken. no one can host in #AG. people are doing Direct IP games as a workaround.

Gnork
23 Mar 2008, 09:42
:s yea, Easter.. so no gaming allowed ><

franpa
23 Mar 2008, 10:17
Hosting with HB results in the following error.

Sorry, there was an error while hosting your game: WormNET error opening game.

KORAS
23 Mar 2008, 10:29
damm it:/
i try play by tcp/ip but n knock there.... normal withour knocks sux:/

ngg
23 Mar 2008, 12:37
someone in the lobby offered a russian server but i can't connect to that either. but maybe someone can offer a server that does work? he had us replace the "ServerList" file in the "C:\Team17\Worms Armageddon\graphics\ServerLobby" directory.

Melon
23 Mar 2008, 12:38
Seems to me like something's gone funny at Team17's end. Volcadmin was fiddling around with it a few days ago.

If that's the case, and they need to do something like a manual server reset or whatever, then it'll probably be down until Tuesday, as it's Easter Bank Holiday weekend over here in the UK, and few people work on Monday.

CyberShadow
23 Mar 2008, 14:29
I e-mailed David regarding the issue.

Until then, I started a temporary server. Get your serverlists here: http://worms.thecybershadow.net/wormnet/

KClown
23 Mar 2008, 16:05
!host shoppa
!host shoppa
!yes
!host
!host t17
!host shoppa
!host !host !host
!host shoppa

:rolleyes:

bonz
23 Mar 2008, 19:00
The teamsters obviously had an Easter party on Friday and were hiding eggs and candy at the T17 HQ.

It seems that someone hid a chocolate Easter bunny in the server room, where it melted due to the heat, and now, two days later, the molten chocolate has reached the cooling fans and the server died because of overheating.

Diablo vt
23 Mar 2008, 19:32
It's possible:rolleyes:

Plasma
23 Mar 2008, 23:23
A similar chocolate-related accident happened to Bonz, and his right leg completely shut down for five days because of it.

Unless you're one of the people that still think Bonz is human, and he actually meant one of his PCs. But I still say a human couldn't remember as many WA facts as he does!

Edit: on a side note, I'm suprised he didn't make a beer joke instead. I'm sure he'd at least be able to fit a Galleon into his story somewhere.

ngg
24 Mar 2008, 03:08
ah i was just about to tell them of your server cybershadow. i hosted a ctf on it, and i too recommend it. thanks for that:]

franpa
24 Mar 2008, 03:24
I Can't sign into your server Cybershadow, well I can connect but cant join the blank channel and no other players are listed as being in that channel. It affects both non team17 servers.

chlywly
25 Mar 2008, 02:21
I e-mailed David regarding the issue.

Until then, I started a temporary server. Get your serverlists here: http://worms.thecybershadow.net/wormnet/

Hey buddie, your server keeps saying someone is already using my id/connection... on your site..
I use login chlywly / ip is

Anyway you can reset or boot any inactive players? or players not in chat room, something is buggin out. thanks!

franpa
25 Mar 2008, 04:44
Cybershadows server is offline, it exploded in a ball of flames and needs to be reset.

CyberShadow
25 Mar 2008, 09:44
It crashed, I restarted it.
Also I think I fixed whatever was causing the ghost issues. If they persist just add a number or something to your nickname.

volcane
25 Mar 2008, 11:37
This issue should now be resolved, post here if you are still having the same problems.

Gnork
25 Mar 2008, 11:57
I (we) miss HostingBuddy :p where is our good friend?

Shirdel
25 Mar 2008, 12:46
Good news, I never put the tempoary server on (because I was too lazy) and people are hosting just fine. :) (Oh, and Admins/Patch Makers, remove the Announce Bot, it is making people annoyed)

bonz
25 Mar 2008, 14:48
A similar chocolate-related accident happened to Bonz, and his right leg completely shut down for five days because of it.

Unless you're one of the people that still think Bonz is human, and he actually meant one of his PCs. But I still say a human couldn't remember as many WA facts as he does!
Yes, all the hydraulic systems below my right knee were clogged with chocolate.
I had to detach my leg and melt the chocolate in the microwave oven.
Edit: on a side note, I'm suprised he didn't make a beer joke instead. I'm sure he'd at least be able to fit a Galleon into his story somewhere.
That's because the Firefox plugin I use to add custom smilies has disabled user upload to their database and the beer icon I've used before is down.
And I'm lazy.

But don't fear, I will revive the beer jokes.

bonz
5 Aug 2010, 12:23
But don't fear, I will revive the beer jokes.
See? I told you!
http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?p=725123&highlight=--beer#post725123