PDA

View Full Version : Cant get .exe to work help!!!

stealth7d
17 Mar 2008, 13:49
So one day i decided to get back into playing worms and i did some research to find out wich was the latest worms game that was 2D (not 3D cos they suck).K i find out that worms world party is the latest so i look for a free download and theres one on the main site for the full game 60 min trial,i download it,install it, double click the .exe and blam instantly it says "worms world party has stopped working"

iv tried re-installing it
re-downloading it
compatibility mode on every available OS

After the epic fail with worms world party i try worms armageddon instead so i download and install that and blam same error with .exe "worms armageddon has stopped working" the moment i double click it.

I tried everything i did with WWP and still no success

Iv tried to rule out some stuff, my OS is:
Windows Vista Ulitmate-64bit
Intel core2 quad Q6600 @2.4Ghz
2Gb RAM
Nvidia Geforce 8800GTS 640mb with latest drivers and DX10
I dunno if this is relevant but my screen size is 19" LCD running at 1440 x 900 and 75Htz.

I can only think of a few things that could be wrong,iv seen people running worms armageddon on vista not sure about 64 bit though.Or the .exe file itself is corrupt from the website.

I need ideas, everyone welcome ^^

CyberShadow
17 Mar 2008, 13:54
We can't provide support for any kind of downloadable versions of W:A or WWP. Please contact the website you downloaded the game from.

stealth7d
17 Mar 2008, 14:02
but its from your site https://secure.team17.com/browse.html?area=search&keyword=Armageddon

bonz
17 Mar 2008, 14:40
but its from your site https://secure.team17.com/browse.html?area=search&keyword=Armageddon
Those link to the Trymedia/Trygames site.
They are responsible for the games in this case, as they wrap the games with their encryption thing.

I suggest you buy the CD version from the T17 store.

franpa
18 Mar 2008, 01:31
get a refund then buy the CD version.

stealth7d
18 Mar 2008, 11:49
You can't get re-funds for trial versions ;).I just ordered the CD-ROM version yesterday,it should come in 2 days or so.

knkn
19 Mar 2008, 20:32
Hopefully not only for WWP - WA's the way to go. Don't forget the patches/updates though before returning with relevant questions.. :D

Muzer
19 Mar 2008, 20:40
Read my WA unofficial FAQ when you get the game. It's near the very top of this channel, and it has invaluable information on getting it working.