PDA

View Full Version : WA crashes on startup - vista

Abe
12 Mar 2008, 00:47
goes to full black screen then a small 640x480 black screen then crashes fully

running vista, tried original version of WA and updated version both have the same response

checked around the forum didn't find anything to solve it, tried SlowFrontendWorkaround_On and off reg fixes, that didn't work, tried compatibilty in win xp and 98 and that didn't work

any ideas

Muzer
12 Mar 2008, 18:11
What make of graphics card/onboard graphics chipset do you have? If Intel, there is no easy, risk-free solution unless you know how to install a virtual machine or want to risk downgrading to XP drivers (loses Aero functionality, doesn't work with all models (BSODs some))

Abe
12 Mar 2008, 23:19
its a laptop with intel 945 Expres chipset family, intel gma 950 chipset so guess u cant do it

lebsoljah
13 Mar 2008, 20:28
Same problem, I have a Intel X3100
It works fine in XP...but I need to run it on Vista

Any suggestions?

Muzer
13 Mar 2008, 21:09
As has been said, it's Intel's fault, not T17's, for not releasing backward-compatible drivers. The day they release directdraw compatible vista drivers is the day WA will work.

wazarmoto
1 May 2008, 18:06
As has been said, it's Intel's fault, not T17's, for not releasing backward-compatible drivers. The day they release directdraw compatible vista drivers is the day WA will work.

Any idea on when that will be? i got the game from a friend and it doesnt work on my hp dv6000

Muzer
1 May 2008, 20:11
I have no idea whatsoever, and neither does anyone else. The best idea would be to e-mail them and pester them.

Ju1i@~
6 May 2008, 01:58
Hello, I'm using Vista with VIA Chrome9 HC IGP. Will WA work on my system? I see DirectDraw acceleration is enabled in DirectX Diagnostics. (dxdiag.exe)

StaticChu
7 May 2008, 19:53
DirectDraw acceleration being enabled in DirectX Diagnostics means nothing, it says that for me too but WA still doesn't work.

I'm running Vista with Intel 965 express chipset.... Intel are really ****ing me off, I'm sure it'd be SO hard for them to release a DirectDraw compatible driver....

deliafcipe
18 Sep 2008, 01:38
I'm having a similar problem, only I'm running an AMD Turion 64 processor, and it works up until I try and start a match.
Any tips for me?