PDA

View Full Version : this mine is so heavy

pisto
10 Mar 2008, 23:16
a worms couldn't lift with a jump a mine standing on its head.

minute 21.

Dario
11 Mar 2008, 14:30
As far as I know, worms have never been able to lift weapons with a jump.

pisto
11 Mar 2008, 14:47
but a worm usually doesn't jam like that

yakuza
11 Mar 2008, 17:52
Yes it does, nothing strange there.

franpa
12 Mar 2008, 02:17
it does, but only with mines. all other weapons can be jumped from underneath.

yakuza
12 Mar 2008, 11:32
it does, but only with mines. all other weapons can be jumped from underneath.

No
Grenades, holy hand grenades, cluster bombs and a long etcetera cannot be jumped from underneath.

franpa
12 Mar 2008, 12:02
your wrong about holy nades, nades, tnt and cluster nades. they fall through you when you jump from under them. i'm not sure how to drop a ming vase on yourself since it weighs more and is bigger vertically so it tends to never be tossed above you.

Melon
12 Mar 2008, 12:07
a ming vase ....... is bigger vertically.
Nope. All weapon projectiles, droppables, and animals all have the same collision mask. Only the image is bigger.

yakuza
12 Mar 2008, 12:09
Yeah you're right, I thought you meant you could make them go up by jumping from underneath

Melon
12 Mar 2008, 12:12
I believe this mine problem occurs because you can walk on them, so worms treat them as ground. Try it. You walk through nades and so on, but you walk on top of a mine. So when a mine is on your head, it's basically as if your worm is trapped inside a really small hole, he's not going to be able to jump.

There's obviously a reason why they coded the mines to behave differently in this way, but I can't think why.

franpa
12 Mar 2008, 12:17
you walk over the holy nade and nades etc. they have a 1 pixel mask which just makes it look like you walk through it. perhaps the nades fall when you jump since your jump mask is different to standing? thats a pretty far fetched guess tho.

mines have a bigger mask to make it easier to bat i guess.

yakuza
12 Mar 2008, 12:36
I don't think you can bat grenades nor holy hand grenades (in WWP of course).

CyberShadow
12 Mar 2008, 20:54
you walk over the holy nade and nades etc. they have a 1 pixel mask which just makes it look like you walk through it. perhaps the nades fall when you jump since your jump mask is different to standing? thats a pretty far fetched guess tho.

mines have a bigger mask to make it easier to bat i guess.
All projectiles including those you mentioned have the same rectangle 7x5-pixel mask.

Metal Alex
13 Mar 2008, 21:54
I guess it must be coded like this because it's the only weapon the lasts between turns. (not counting fire from petrol bombs)