PDA

View Full Version : WA Crashes on Start

Luckylalla
7 Mar 2008, 23:59
Hello !

I play WA since ages now but yesterday all of a sudden WA started crashing when I try to start it ???!!!

I have reinstalled it prolly 10 times now and have all updates on it aswell.(The day before yesterday it worked)

SO my last chance is to post my errorlog here maybe someone can help.

(It crashes when starting: the screen goes black (then normally u get TEAM17 screen) but i get two clicks from my monitor changing resolution and then i'm back on my desktop.)

Also tried the NOINTRO trick. I get the menu but after about 3 seconds I get kicked back to Windows

SgtFusion
8 Mar 2008, 00:08
Firstly, "crashen" is not an English word. I think you mean "crashes". Secondly, have you made any changes to your computer since the last time you were able to play WA (such as hardware changes, driver updates, etc.)?

Luckylalla
8 Mar 2008, 00:11
Thats typing faster than thinking for you^^.

Nope didn't change anything except I let my anti-virus software do a deepscan of my PC. I also checked the files i isolated but none of them have anything to do with WA.

CyberShadow
8 Mar 2008, 01:08
Any idea what changes in your system might have caused this? Like an updated driver?

Chip
9 Mar 2008, 22:39
When ever someone says their worms armageddon no longer starts up (meaning it once did) I just have to say my little question: :D

If your using the latest beta (which you should be using) try enabling the slowFrontEnd_workaround_on which is a little registry feature found in your WA tweaks folder (main folder/tweaks) if that doesn't work then try the one that says slowFrontEnd_workaround_off and try the game now.

I say this because when I replaced my graphics cards I could no longer play WA - blank screen followe by an error but after enabling or disabling the slowFrontEnd_workaround_on (or off?) my game started to work again.

SgtFusion
9 Mar 2008, 22:45
Ja, it worked for me too.

Luckylalla
10 Mar 2008, 17:33
No sadly doesn't help me.

I'm gonna reeinstall everything again.

One more thing occured to me !:

Right after the crash (before i get the message telling me to look at the errorlog) I get a short glimpse of my desktop but in a low quality color & resolution setting. A second later im back on my desktop and everything looks normal again.

P.S. Thanks for all your help so far.

Melon
10 Mar 2008, 18:31
Right after the crash (before i get the message telling me to look at the errorlog) I get a short glimpse of my desktop but in a low quality color & resolution setting. A second later im back on my desktop and everything looks normal again.

This is only because while running, Worms uses a 640 x 480 resolution 256 colour display mode, so that's just your desktop shown in that display mode before it swaps back again when the program closes. (Only the front end forces you to use this resoultion) I highly doubt it's related to your problem.

Luckylalla
10 Mar 2008, 20:31
OK I've got it ;(

This is really embarrassing but it's like going to a LAN party and forgetting to plug the network cable into the PC.

Maybe someone else also forgets this and this will be a reminder xD

I have a CRT monitor built in 1999 which means that windows XP doesn't have the proper driver for it ( it has drivers that work but not always ).

So i got the old driver especially for my monitor and now the problems ar solved.

Seems my anti-virus proggy killed my original monitor-driver and so my monitor couldn't cope with WA.

ANYWAY GUYS THANKS H E A P S for all the help offered here and please forgive me.

Greets Luckylalla

Luckylalla
11 Mar 2008, 18:43
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I played all day !!!

Today same problem ?????!!!!!!!

TILT TILT TILT !!!

No idea !

yakuza
11 Mar 2008, 19:15
Perhaps the antivirus deleted it again without noticing you?

edit: well then, if it works from from day to day and then randomly stops it's surely because a file has changed or been removed, if you haven't done this yourself it's either one of your protection programs or a virus of some kind.

Luckylalla
11 Mar 2008, 19:27
hehe sadly no ;(

Plasma
11 Mar 2008, 21:55
edit: well then, if it works from from day to day and then randomly stops it's surely because a file has changed or been removed, if you haven't done this yourself it's either one of your protection programs or a virus of some kind.
Either that, or God really loves teasing you!