PDA

View Full Version : Full Wormage + Worm Placement?

Slanzinger
4 Mar 2008, 22:27
Why does full wormage have worm placement enabled? Surely the kind of games you're likely to play with that scheme, it takes ages to set up (took about 5 minutes when I did it on HostingBuddy just now, for 6 6-worm teams) (I'm almost there with Wormage at home, just 10 more deathmatch levels left)

Any way of changing this option without disrupting the superweapons (and preferably without external editor programs)?

Melon
4 Mar 2008, 22:40
With the latest beta at least, you can change that option without affecting the schemes, provided you use the button below the map preview (as in, one of the 6 buttons that tell you the turn and round time, health, etc.)

Alternatively, get a gold on all training modes, complete all missions, and win the highest rank on deathmatch, and you earn the ability to alter the superweapons inside the game's weapon editor, as well the collectable utilities (ammo and delay only, and only ammo for the utilities)

bonz
4 Mar 2008, 22:41
Yes, the 6 quick-change buttons on the main hosting screen don't affect the default schemes.
You'll notice that the scheme name is only marked by an asterisk (*), while it changes to "User defined" when you change options in the sub-menus.

Edit:
Too slow.

Slanzinger
4 Mar 2008, 22:44
Ah, so the weapons appear on the editor if you unlock wormage? There's so many different things about it that I can never tell...
(I already have the 5 "cheat" weapons on the in-game editor, as well as utilities - just invincible worms that I'm missing from the options)

Edit: Also too slow, that's useful to know, just a shame you can't do it like that with hostingbuddy [!teleport 0 changes the name to user defined] (I'm behind a router and don't know the first thing about port-forwarding, so can't host any other way :()

bonz
4 Mar 2008, 22:54
(I'm behind a router and don't know the first thing about port-forwarding, so can't host any other way :()
This tutorial might help you:
http://www.nanacide.com/wahelp/wnguide-router.php
(Also check out the link on the bottom of that page.)

CyberShadow
5 Mar 2008, 10:51
By the way, you can save the schemes configured in HostingBuddy or upload them directly to the "Worms Scheme Database (http://wsdb.org/)". After that you can load it by just typing !wsdb <number>.

Muzer
5 Mar 2008, 17:25
This tutorial might help you:
http://www.nanacide.com/wahelp/wnguide-router.php
(Also check out the link on the bottom of that page.)
That site is obsolete! Portforward.com is waaay more complete and therefore the way to go. In fact, almost all of nanacide is obsolete. What a sad end to a great site :(

bonz
5 Mar 2008, 18:37
That site is obsolete! Portforward.com is waaay more complete and therefore the way to go. In fact, almost all of nanacide is obsolete. What a sad end to a great site :(
That's the link I was hinting at in my post.
I think the nanacide tutorial is still useful, as those 3 routers are the most widely used brands.

Slanzinger
5 Mar 2008, 19:44
Nanacide didn't help much, but the link at the bottom does (BT HomeHub)
I'll have a look at that some other time - such a thing could screw with my dad's laptop is the only problem, he VPN's a lot between here and the office - the connection's unstable enough as it is.