PDA

View Full Version : Worms Armageddon has stoppd working!

rtbh10
3 Mar 2008, 16:21
Hey, i have a HP Pavilion dv2000 laptop and am trying to install worms armageddon. After installing the game i attempt to open it (having set the compatability to XP) but it attempts to open but then jsut crashes saying that worms has stoppd working. iv installd the latest drivers etc but still no luck! anyone got any ideas as to whats going wrong?

robowurmz
3 Mar 2008, 16:23
Please install the Beta Patch (3.6.28.0) first and then try running it.

rtbh10
3 Mar 2008, 16:30
It now says that worms had encounterd a problem!

SgtFusion
3 Mar 2008, 17:13
Look in your WA directory. You should find a file called "ERRORLOG.TXT". Compress and upload it.

rtbh10
3 Mar 2008, 17:42
here you go

Shirdel
4 Mar 2008, 18:03
If you're using a Sold Out version, here's what to do:
1. Download the latest patch from The Worms Armageddon Website (http://wormsarmageddon.team17.com).
2. Download the update from The very same website (http://wormsarmageddon.team17.com).
3. DON'T join any game online if you want to be called a n00b and wrose things. If you see a person called "Shirdel" or "ShirdelxPr-Snp" in the chatroom, ask for him to host a warmer. He's me.
4. Double click on the game called "Warmer_for_Shirdel" and enter a team. I will then have a long chat with you (open the in-game chatroom by pressing Page Down) explaining all the rules to all the games played in worms.

rtbh10
4 Mar 2008, 19:53
Just cause my game doesnt work, doesnt mean i cant rape your noob ass. But thank you for the help, ill try it now :)

Just an edit: I already tried updating to the latest version and still get the problem.

Dario
4 Mar 2008, 20:16
As Shridel probably did, I thought that this was the very first time you tried to install worms armageddon and (oh miracle -not sarcasm-) thought about using the official forum.
Then (oh miracle -not sarcasm again-) someone gathers all the patiente in the world and offers himself to give very detailed help to a potentially annoying noob (all noobs are potentially anoying) and this is what he gets:
"I can rape your noob ass"

Meh.

Anyway Shridel, the #help chanel needs people like you.

Chip
4 Mar 2008, 20:16
With the beta patches you also get something called "TIMERWORKAROUND_OFF" and "ON".
These are found withing the main WA folder. Try turning these on or off (try one and if it doesn't work then try the other) Just double click them to opperate them.

When I upgraded my graphics cards the game stopped working so I had to set one of these on...........or off? I don't remember which but one of them got my game working again.

rtbh10
4 Mar 2008, 23:26
having installd the updates and patches and trying the 'TIMERWORKAROUND' option, a message now comes up saying to insert the cd, when the cd is actualy in. it says not to install the update if you have a trymedia version, but im using the sold out version.

KRD
5 Mar 2008, 06:57
Anyway Shridel, the #help chanel needs people like you.

No it doesn't. :eek:

With the beta patches you also get something called "TIMERWORKAROUND_OFF" and "ON".
These are found withing the main WA folder.

No they're not. :p

They're in the Tweaks folder in the main game directory as of last version. For future reference, I know rtbh10 found them already.

having installd the updates and patches and trying the 'TIMERWORKAROUND' option, a message now comes up saying to insert the cd, when the cd is actualy in. it says not to install the update if you have a trymedia version, but im using the sold out version.

That'll most likely be because you followed Shirdel's advice and installed the patch even though the SoldOut version comes already patched. The 3.6.28.0 update is the only update you need to download and install, as long as you have a working internet connection during the install. Uninstall, install again and apply the 3.6.28.0 update only.

CyberShadow
5 Mar 2008, 17:04
rtbh10, please check if your video card/driver supports the 640x480x8-bit resolution. To see the full list of supported resolutions, open Display Properties from Control Panel, on the Settings tab click Advanced, then on the Adapter tab click "List All Modes...".

Muzer
5 Mar 2008, 17:30
Don't listen to shridel. He's an idiot. Miss out step 1

Alien King
5 Mar 2008, 22:34
If you're using a Sold Out version, here's what to do:
1. Download the latest patch from The Worms Armageddon Website (http://wormsarmageddon.team17.com).

Muzer's largely right. Don't do this step. The Sold-Out version doesn't require a patch and will only break if you install it, meaning you need to reinstall the game.
Download the update on this page only (http://wormsarmageddon.team17.com/main.html?page=supp&area=upda).

This is what happens when you install the patch. Reinstall the game and then ONLY install the updates (http://wormsarmageddon.team17.com/main.html?page=supp&area=upda).

rtbh10
6 Mar 2008, 03:27
having reinstalld the game, i installd the update alone and completed the tasks stated but i continue to recieve a message saying that an error has occured? is my laptop just ****ed?

KRD
6 Mar 2008, 11:25
You're on the right path now. CyberShadow has already told you what to do next:

rtbh10, please check if your video card/driver supports the 640x480x8-bit resolution. To see the full list of supported resolutions, open Display Properties from Control Panel, on the Settings tab click Advanced, then on the Adapter tab click "List All Modes...".

rtbh10
6 Mar 2008, 17:06
the lowest it can do is 640 x 480 x 16 bits. there is alro 640 x 480 256 colour, 60 hertz. does this mean that i cannot run WA then?

CyberShadow
6 Mar 2008, 17:32
I don't know what's wrong... this will have to wait until the next beta.

Chip
6 Mar 2008, 20:32
this will have to wait until the next beta.

Does that mean its coming soon? :p

(having set the compatability to XP)

Meaning your using Vista?
I blame that - its the cause of everything thats ever gone wrong.
Vista caused world war 1 and 2, Vista caused global warming and Vista was what killed off the Dinosaurs. More than likely it was Vista that created Hell!!!

rtbh10
6 Mar 2008, 21:40
yeah i agree, vista rly is crap! just causes too many problems