View Full Version : Unable to connect to Wormnet

kronik
3 Mar 2008, 01:25
XP, Lynksys router, PC firewall off, version 3.6.28.0b

I'm forcing my external IP, attempting to connect using port 17011

Forwarded the following ports on the router for both TCP and UDP:
17000 - 17012
3074 - 3174

It lets me login, but then says "unable to connect; please try a different server.

Am I missing something?

SgtFusion
3 Mar 2008, 03:00
Yes. Don't force your IP. Also, do you have the latest Beta Update (ftp://ftp.team17.com/pub/t17/patches/pc/WA_update-3.6.28.0_Beta_Installer.exe)*?

*Does not work on Trymedia versions.
EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the part about your WA version (silly me).

CyberShadow
3 Mar 2008, 03:01
See if you can connect to the WormNET IRC server. Do the following:
Open a command prompt (Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt) and type:
telnet wormnet1.team17.com 6667
You should either get a blank screen or error message.
If you get a blank screen, that's not the problem (your IRC port isn't blocked). If you get an error message, then something is blocking it, for example a software firewall or your ISP.

kronik
3 Mar 2008, 18:11
Open a command prompt (Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt) and type:
telnet wormnet1.team17.com 6667

I got an error message.

also, I tried not forcing my IP to no avail.

Also, I downloaded wormNAT and copied the folder to my W:A directory, then ran auto config under the SOCKS tab. What I got is an unable to connect to any servers error.

Autoconfig successful. Testing it out. The connection problem persists. With or without my forced IP.

I pinged www.team17.com with success, but wormnet1.team17.com times out.

When did Wormnet become to difficult to connect to? I never used to have this problem on the same setup. :(

Muzer
3 Mar 2008, 19:43
It's supposed to be fixed now, the lag.

kronik
3 Mar 2008, 21:40
Alright! Got it working.

I have no idea what changed in the last hour, but it's connecting no problem. Thanks to WormNAT, I'm guessing.

Thanks for the help, guys!

Oh, and thanks for all the work you've put into W:A, CyberShadow. It hasn't gone unnoticed. :)

kronik
4 Mar 2008, 22:35
It's no longer working. I didn't change any settings, and I tried running the WormNAT autoconfig. The autoconfig reported success, but I'm getting the same error I got before when attempting to connect to wormnet.

:(:(:(:(:(

CyberShadow
5 Mar 2008, 10:41
I have no idea why you're trying to use WormNAT and messing with port forwarding, as it's completely irrelevant to your situation. Failure to connect to the IRC server usually means that your anti-virus or firewall program is blocking it, or you're situated in an organization which blocks certain kinds of network activity, such as IRC. Such organizations can be company or university networks. I suggest that you try to configure or disable all firewall/anti-virus programs, or consult your network administrator.