PDA

View Full Version : mission 14

29 Feb 2008, 07:24
Ok seriously this is impossible, largely due to the fact that pressing an arrow key for more then 0.3 seconds turns the sheep about 50 degrees and crashes it into a wall.

This would be quite possible, and fun, if it were possible to control the sheep with the mouse (or any device that can sense slight movements) but using the keyboard's brilliant one-keyboard-press-equals-full-speed-movement system, I have never managed to get past halfway down the first stretch of tunnel. Frequently the sheep just ends up crashing into the wall right next to my worm.

HELP

franpa
29 Feb 2008, 07:29
kill yourself with the sheep :) still works in 3.6.28.0

bonz
29 Feb 2008, 08:49
What?
I really believe that the winning condition has been set to "worm alive" and "capture crate" in one of the previous beta updates.
Has this been reverted back to the - obviously faulty - original one?

I still remember how I was baffled when I retried that mission afterwards and it suddenly wasn't as easy as it used to be.
It definitely is doable.
Check out some replays of Cueshark if you want to see some really serious sheep'n'tunnel action. ;)

KRD
29 Feb 2008, 09:41
Practice makes perfect (http://wormtube.wyvsucks.org/index.php?id=30). :p

Run
29 Feb 2008, 10:03
Ok seriously this is impossible, largely due to the fact that pressing an arrow key for more then 0.3 seconds turns the sheep about 50 degrees and crashes it into a wall.

This would be quite possible, and fun, if it were possible to control the sheep with the mouse (or any device that can sense slight movements) but using the keyboard's brilliant one-keyboard-press-equals-full-speed-movement system, I have never managed to get past halfway down the first stretch of tunnel. Frequently the sheep just ends up crashing into the wall right next to my worm.

HELP

I've never tried this but you could see what happens if turn your keyboard sensitivity down

Plasma
2 Mar 2008, 02:01
I could be wrong, in fact I very much think I am, but I remember hearing the self-sheeping trick for that mission was only do-able depending on your region.

Practice makes perfect (http://wormtube.wyvsucks.org/index.php?id=30). :p
You'd think those sheep would just ask for directions, wouldn't you?

franpa
2 Mar 2008, 11:57
depends on what CD you have ;) i have the original european 1.05 disc. i believe fixing this is on the non urgent bug fix list.

SgtFusion
2 Mar 2008, 16:50
Play lots of Super Sheep Racing.

kikumbob
2 Mar 2008, 19:16
I could be wrong, in fact I very much think I am, but I remember hearing the self-sheeping trick for that mission was only do-able depending on your region.

You'd think those sheep would just ask for directions, wouldn't you? I certainly couldn't do that with the latest update.

Just keep trying that mission. If you get too bored mix things up a little with super sheep training. Or you could be real hardcore and download a super sheep racing map and play on it with yourself.