PDA

View Full Version : Vista problems

robbieisur
29 Feb 2008, 01:55
I have read everything i can find on the vista vs. worms topic and still cant get my games to work. I am running the trymedia battle pack, radeon x850pe with latest drivers and directx, and vista home premium. I have tried admin mode, win xp compatibility mode, 256 colors, 640x480 and still no dice. With armageddon i get the menu, sometimes the color is screwed up and sometimes its fine. I can go in a set up a game for training but when i click on normal game it crashes before i get to set options even. Usually it just crashed when the game tries to start, no error message, just crash.

SgtFusion
29 Feb 2008, 02:43
Tip: Don't use the trymedia version. Get a refund (http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33495) for the version you have, buy the CD version, and download & install the latest update (ftp://ftp.team17.com/pub/t17/patches/pc/WA_update-3.6.28.0_Beta_Installer.exe).
EDIT: Then try running it on a virtual machine, which you can download from the microsoft website.

Shockdude
29 Feb 2008, 02:43
since you have the trymedia version, there really isn't much you can do, as trymedia versions can't have the latest updates & bugfixes & stuff

i'll wait for someone else to advertise the sold-out version of wa to you
:p

edit: too late
:p