PDA

View Full Version : Framerate drop in network play?

Malevol3nt
28 Feb 2008, 23:03
Sorry for asking this, it might be a noobish question, but I'm a noob anyhow so here goes; :p

Is it normal that my framerate considerably drops in network play? The game runs perfectly smooth in offline play, but in online play I can really notice how the framerate drops. It makes it really hard to play as good as offline, especially in rope games etc.

pc specs:
athlon x2 @ 2.7ghz
3Gb DDR
Radeon x1650
Monitor refresh rate @ 60 hz

network:
adsl 2048/256 kbit

Thanks for the replies!

Shockdude
29 Feb 2008, 01:33
no, i don't think that's normal...
:p

orbik
29 Feb 2008, 08:31
Just a thought: if you're running some kind of sophisticated internet security prog (firewall) while playing, it might eat away your cpu power. But that's probably not the reason seeing that you have plenty of speed to spend.

Malevol3nt
29 Feb 2008, 19:11
No, no firewalls turned on or antivirs etc.. It's quite hard to rope as accurately/fast as offline because my eyes can't adjust to the lower image cycle frequency and my reactions are much slower. Hmm :/

Malevol3nt
29 Feb 2008, 20:50
Hey I've managed to fix it. It seems my old video drivers we're bad for 2d graffix or something :P The game is now smooth both online and offline.
I've allready started playing alot better online ^^
For everyone else having probs with ATI Radeon drivers, I suggest getting the latest drivers. Hf!