PDA

View Full Version : Change Computer's Speech

cps82
26 Feb 2008, 15:45
Is it possible to change the speech of your computer opponent? Mine is constantly stuck on Dutch? Funny at first, but extremely annoying after a while.

Any help would be appreciated.

yakuza
26 Feb 2008, 16:17
You can make new CPU5 teams and edit them, just go into options.

Melon
26 Feb 2008, 16:20
You can even edit the current CPU teams by going into the options menu.

However, you can't change the soundbank for the computer teams in missions, training games, and deathmatch games.

I'm not sure how it decides which speechbank to use as the default. I believe it's either decided by the language option or by where your CD comes from. Where did you get your CD from?

cps82
26 Feb 2008, 17:05
Thanks both. I've tried editing all the CPU teams. As you said Melon this doesn't work for missions, training games, and deathmatch games. I'm running through deathmatches atm.

Holland suprise, suprise :)

Any way I can edit the default speechbank and change to a default of my choice?

Thanks again.

EDIT: The default speechbank is taken from your PC locale, I have changed this back to UK (after working in NL) and it now plays English. Great.

I just wish there was a way to edit this so it plays random speechbanks for each match, that would be excellent. I'm sure I'll be pretty bored of English in a few hours...

bonz
27 Feb 2008, 08:25
I just wish there was a way to edit this so it plays random speechbanks for each match, that would be excellent.
Great idea!
I took the liberty to convert your post into an official beta feature request. :D

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6936/r2animpy7.gif
I just wish there was a way to edit this so it plays random speechbanks for each match, that would be excellent.
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6936/r2animpy7.gif

raffie
27 Feb 2008, 12:18
So have you learned any dutch words from these worms?

cps82
27 Feb 2008, 13:23
Thanks for the second bonz :) Here's for hoping.

No new words Raffie. My level of Dutch is quite high, well higher than a worm's :eek: (I hope).

CyberShadow
27 Feb 2008, 14:05
This is probably not quite what you wanted, but here it is anyway...

(Select "Random" from a team's speech bank setting)

bonz
27 Feb 2008, 14:12

Ah!
Obviously those blinking REQUEST images seem to work... :)

I'm gonna add them to every future request about lasers from now on.

cps82
7 Mar 2008, 15:36

Not quite I think but I'll certainly give it a go. Been away for the last week. Many thanks CyberShadow.