PDA

View Full Version : Can not connect to the Wormnet, need assistance...

sologuitar
20 Feb 2008, 20:01
I've got the private pack from the Team17 Shop which consists of Worms 2 and Worms Armageddon CDs. I've installed Worms Armageddon and updated it to the latest beta version but still i can't connect to the Wormnet. What should i do?

Muzer
20 Feb 2008, 20:14
Elaborate. Which errors, if any, do you get? Which time of day and from which country, as there's been a lot of lag recently and you may be trying to connect during a busy time.

sologuitar
20 Feb 2008, 20:36
I'm trying to connect from Turkey, there's only United Kingdom UK1 server on the server list and it says "Unable to connect to the server, please try another server".

Do i need to get a static ip or fill in proxy adress and port in the game configuration screen? Or is there any other specific network settings i should do?

CyberShadow
20 Feb 2008, 22:10
Are you trying to connect from work or your school/university?
Some universities block outgoing connections to certain ports, e.g. IRC.

To see if you can connect to the WormNET IRC server, do the following:
Open a command prompt (Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt) and type:
telnet wormnet1.team17.com 6667
You should either get a blank screen or error message.
If you get a blank screen, that's not the problem (your IRC port isn't blocked). If you get an error message, then something is blocking it. You should contact your network administrator / ISP about that.

sologuitar
21 Feb 2008, 01:49
Trying to connect from home. I've tried that command and got an error message. Maybe i need to forward the ports on my router. Which ports should i forward?

franpa
21 Feb 2008, 03:35
17011 tcp .

sologuitar
21 Feb 2008, 04:00
I've already enabled that port in the firewall, still can't connect.

I was able to connect to the UK server on Worms World Party but after that "extremely slow menus issue" with Nvidia Geforce 6600 i've decided to buy Worms Armageddon. Of course I didn't see that connection problem coming...

franpa
21 Feb 2008, 07:40
wait, to connect to the server you need to not block IRC.

CyberShadow
21 Feb 2008, 09:34
Franpa is indeed misinforming you. If you use a software firewall, find any option that regards blocking IRC activity and disable it. You could try temporarily disabling all anti-virus and firewall software altogether to see if they are the cause of the problem. If you don't use software firewalls, contact your ISP/network administrator. You should tell them that you can't connect to the "wormnet1.team17.com" IRC server.

sologuitar
21 Feb 2008, 12:16
Thanks a lot! I had already tried closing windows firewall but obviously it was my new anti-virus software blocking the connection.:) I appreciate kind helps of all of you...

bonz
21 Feb 2008, 14:08
If you use a software firewall, find any option that regards blocking IRC activity and disable it.
Zone Alarm for example blocks IRC by default with a separate checkbox option. :p

sologuitar
21 Feb 2008, 14:55
By the way I'm using McAfee and i had to uncheck Access Protection from the VirusScan Console.