PDA

View Full Version : New missions or new game

tomeczek88
15 Feb 2008, 15:05
Ok I read some threads here and I see many people like I think that 3d Worms are just crap. But like I see Team 17 doesn't see it or doesn't want to see :mad:

So here is my idea. Either please try to make another game like Worms Armageddon in 2d or please make new missions for WA. I played all 33 (i think about that missions when the last is with tapes) missions in WA many times (over 10 times) and I know them so well. I want something new. Is there possibility to make new missions for WA? I hope so.

But i rather would like to see new 2d game with worms. I hate all Worms 3d and other forts. I don't know why had team 17 to ruin everything but I miss old good 2d worms.

Please think abouth that. I'm not alone.

Run
15 Feb 2008, 15:07
you could try beating the missions records http://www.nanacide.com/missionrecords/

or better still, if you want new challenges then go to the challenge base http://www.thechallengebase.com/

tomeczek88
15 Feb 2008, 15:27
Ok but I stil want to see Team 17's crew answer. Can they do another 2d game?

Run
15 Feb 2008, 17:03
they probably will eventually

bonz
15 Feb 2008, 17:37
Also, the merging of WA and WWP might make WA compatible with the WWP mission editor, only more advanced.

I remember that someone managed to get WWP work in WA by somehow replacing the standard missions and hex-editing.

littlebee
15 Feb 2008, 17:44
I'm thinking, if development really gets a chance to focus on it, the Wii could be a perfect new home for Worms.

Port W:A to Wii...

Wide/Fullscreen support
Classic and new single player missions
Co-op and vs multiplayer missions
4x Wiimote support
Online and offline multiplayer support (up to 16 players)
Level and mission builder
Sharing and downloading

The Wii leads home consoles and is a much improved, guaranteed way to allow players to connect -- remember, even after all the hard work Deadcode and CyberShadow have put into W:A's updates, many people have trouble hosting or consistently connecting to Wormnet on PC.

Next year's Little Big Planet looks like a runaround goof-off version of Worms, and its release may be the impetus Team17's dev team needs to really get behind such a release.

Wii could handle any version of Worms 2, Armageddon or World Party and could really be excellent in combo with the Wiimote. Hell I'd buy the game all over again for $50 USD for my Wii!

lefortek
15 Feb 2008, 17:54
Hell I'd buy the game all over again for $50 USD for my Wii!

You are crazy.

Plasma
15 Feb 2008, 18:10
...and what about Worms World Party? It's got the exact same weapons and system (or, at least it did have before the WA updates), but the missions are all different.

Also, just so you know, there were four 2D worms games made after Worms Armageddon, and another one still to come out for the Wii.

Shadowmoon
15 Feb 2008, 20:29
The thing about a port on wii... is that it won't sell. Most of us have got WA on PC, and the only thing different about the wii version will be the controls. I mean, if WA was ported to the Nintendo wii, i would not buy it.

bonz
15 Feb 2008, 23:12
Hey! Littlebee is back!

Have you collected any new sounds and stuff from the Asian Worms versions? :)
BTW, the latest beta can now open land.dat files in the map editor.