PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

Tomatoworm
13 Feb 2008, 01:03
I recently bought the Sold-Out Software version from Ebay since the original isn't being sold anywhere. I had played it when I was younger and couldn't wait to play it again except that right when I installed it, it worked until I started playing the single player mode. Right when I started the game the screen went black! Confused, I unpacked, recovered and started up my old Windows 98 computer that I was waiting to sell. It fortunatly worked on that computer but even with the patch it still didn't work on my Windows XP. I even tried all the patches from the website but got no effort. I have eventually give back my Windows 98 computer since I had borrowed it from a friend before I got my XP. I even tried it on all my other friend's computers to see if it was mine but it didn't work still. :(

-Please, does anyone know what I'am doing wrong or if there is anyway to get it to work if I don't have the orginal cd? Thank you sooo much!!;)

yakuza
13 Feb 2008, 01:25
Did you download the latest beta patch? Because that's the only patch you need.

Tomatoworm
13 Feb 2008, 06:19
I downloaded the beta patch and it worked! :) Thank you!

Tomatoworm
13 Feb 2008, 08:33
Oh nevermind, it worked but all the terrains are the same and whenever I choose something different all my worms sink or in the online version surrender.

yakuza
13 Feb 2008, 14:03
I suggest you reinstall and then apply the beta patch and the beta patch only.

KRD
13 Feb 2008, 14:40
The SoldOut version is, save for the annoying autorun menu thing, no worse than the original version once you have it installed and updated to 3.6.28.0. So don't go using any legal or illegal downloaded versions that sometimes include edited mission files, resulting in weird problems like the one you describe in your second post.

I don't know for certain this is what caused the problem, but it's happened before. Regardless, do what Yakuza said. As long as you have a working internet connection, this is the only update you need:

http://www.clansfx.co.uk/downloads/WA_update-3.6.28.0_Beta_Installer.exe

Muzer
13 Feb 2008, 18:58
It could mean the disc is scratched; I had that problem on my old copy, all the missions had lines missing (like full horizontal lines), some only had one or two lines of pixels in total!

[Wormz]
13 Feb 2008, 19:21
wormz kill themselves? that's not all too good
but do they just jump into the water?

Muzer
13 Feb 2008, 19:34
It usually means they appear on thin air and so instantly drown.

Tomatoworm
13 Feb 2008, 20:49
Ya thats it! Thank you for the replies! So the original disc doesn't work very well with Xp either?

Run
13 Feb 2008, 21:20
Ya thats it! Thank you for the replies! So the original disc doesn't work very well with Xp either?

works fine for me

franpa
14 Feb 2008, 03:52

only with the beta update's.