PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Rope Error

mateczko
7 Feb 2008, 12:37
When I and my brother playing a normal typcial game, at 10.09 he using a ninja rope and when pushing off the rope he lose a turn. I really don't know why. (please don't say to me noob or etc. :D)

yakuza
7 Feb 2008, 13:16
He hit the roof of the tunnel.

KRD
7 Feb 2008, 13:22
With the poor worm's head. Yeah, everyone loves it when it happens. :p

franpa
7 Feb 2008, 14:13
yep hitting your head while falling from the ninja rope results ina immediate loss of your turn, even with parachute arm'd.

yakuza
7 Feb 2008, 14:24
yep hitting your head while falling from the ninja rope results ina immediate loss of your turn, even with parachute arm'd.

No, not always. Assuming you mean hitting the roof. Because you can hit your head in many different ways. And even when you hit the roof with your head sometimes you don't lose the turn.

mateczko
7 Feb 2008, 14:36
So I don't must to take damage to lose the turn?

bonz
7 Feb 2008, 14:52
Bah! I hate this.
We definitely need a better physics model regarding velocities.
A worm must not lose health/lose a turn below a certain velocity. :mad:
So I don't must to take damage to lose the turn?
Nope, not when you hit the ceiling with the worm's head.

mateczko
7 Feb 2008, 16:52
Is this glitch are fixed in WWP?

yakuza
7 Feb 2008, 17:14
Is this glitch are fixed in WWP?

It's not a glitch. And no.

KRD
7 Feb 2008, 17:51
Bah! I hate this.
We definitely need a better physics model regarding velocities.
A worm must not lose health/lose a turn below a certain velocity. :mad:

I would like to take a moment of everyone's time and announce that Bonz is a newb.

The title was handed down to him from Lex, who unfortunately isn't with us anymore.

Melon
7 Feb 2008, 18:34
I think what bonz means is that normally, a worm won't lose his turn when under a certain velocity except when he hits his head on a ceiling when roping.

Personally, I imagine the worm suffers a mild concussion at that time.

yakuza
7 Feb 2008, 18:36
I think what bonz means is that normally, a worm won't lose his turn when under a certain velocity except when he hits his head on a ceiling when roping.

However that would impy a huge change in the gameplay that would affect most schemes. Since worms is a very old game it means that many of us have gotten used to the way the game works over all this time and a change like this would make us have to adapt to something that isn't much of a need, at all.

mateczko
7 Feb 2008, 21:14
Ok. I know why I must know. Close topic.

Run
7 Feb 2008, 22:14
However that would impy a huge change in the gameplay that would affect most schemes. Since worms is a very old game it means that many of us have gotten used to the way the game works over all this time and a change like this would make us have to adapt to something that isn't much of a need, at all.

I don't think anyone would have to make any effort to adapt to a change like that, it's pretty minor

But I agree there's not much need

bonz
7 Feb 2008, 22:40
I would like to take a moment of everyone's time and announce that Bonz is a newb.

The title was handed down to him from Lex
Yay!
who unfortunately isn't with us anymore.
Not yay!
Where is he?
More or less, yes.
Very strange though, that he can bump around at high speeds while roping.

knkn
7 Feb 2008, 23:15
OR, this can all be eliminated using 'loss of control doesn't end turn' w/ cheatengine or memory hacks programs..

franpa
8 Feb 2008, 00:27
or test stuff version 3, 4 and 5... i can't find a way to test other versions of TS.

KRD
8 Feb 2008, 11:18
OR, this can all be eliminated using 'loss of control doesn't end turn' w/ cheatengine or memory hacks programs..

Hey now, Bonz hasn't even had the newbie title for a day and you're already trying to snatch it from him...

bonz
8 Feb 2008, 11:27
Hey now, Bonz hasn't even had the newbie title for a day and you're already trying to snatch it from him...
Grrr!
I'm trying so hard.