PDA

View Full Version : Help me! worm armageddon problems

scott
4 Feb 2008, 06:37
Hey, Ok so I have the sold out software version of worms armageddon. When I play it my game randomly will freeze , making me sometimes have to restart my computer because control alt delete wont work.Here is exactly what happens, I am in the middle of a game on wormnet when the game will just completely freeze like my cursor and none of the buttons will work, and if i press control alt delete i can see the normal cursor for windows xp and can move it around, but i have no way to exit out of the game so i am forced to restart my computer. Also if i minimize and maximize my game almost always freezes, and sometimes when I start the game up my colors are inverted.

The weird thing is that on my older computer that also has windows xp none of these problems happen. Does any1 know what is causing this????

CyberShadow
4 Feb 2008, 06:39
Did you install the latest Beta update (3.6.28.0)?

scott
4 Feb 2008, 06:47
yes i did that

i was wondering if a mouse could be causing this problem because on my old computer that has no probelms i hav a standard mouse that plugs in the back , but on my new one i have a usb mouse, or could my screen resolution be messing things up? my moniter is 1440 by 900

Bawb
4 Feb 2008, 08:15
USB mouses are pretty standard to me. What are your computer specs?

scott
4 Feb 2008, 21:51
windows xp proffesional version
version 2002
service pack 2
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 3600+
1.90 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM
Physical Address Extention

is that what you mean? thats wat it says under system properties in the control panel, srry dont know that much about computers

Run
4 Feb 2008, 22:09
Sounds like loss of focus which probably means some app is popping up in the background and shatting it all up

I think ZoneAlarm is a common culprit, see if you've got that

scott
4 Feb 2008, 23:37
i do have zone alarm as my firewall, however i have everything for worms set up to be allowed to connect to the internet, so could it still cause problems? because i know its not pop ups about allowing internet access because i enabled it all for worms.

and also i use zonealarm on my other computer, which did not have any problems with the game

Run
5 Feb 2008, 09:31
i do have zone alarm as my firewall, however i have everything for worms set up to be allowed to connect to the internet, so could it still cause problems?

ZoneAlarm has a long-standing tradition of being crap, so it could still be that

It's worth experimenting anyway: see what happens if you disable ZoneAlarm for a few games

bonz
5 Feb 2008, 14:09
ZoneAlarm has a long-standing tradition of being crap, so it could still be that
That is, the free version of Zone Alarm.

Zone Alarm Pro on the other hand always worked fine for me.
(Except for using up lots of ressources.)

scott
6 Feb 2008, 00:40
yea i am using the free version, its hard to test because sometimes i go for long periods of time without having any problems, but then somtimes every game i play freezes