PDA

View Full Version : How to fix teh Vista graphical bug

Vistasucks
3 Feb 2008, 11:22
Hello,

I tried everything to fix the graphical bug that appears when you run the game under vista, the people that experienced it will know what I'm talking about.

I tried everything : Running WA.exe from explorer's windows, changing values in the registry, keeping my nvidia drivers up to date, Comptability mode, run as an admin, and stuff...

None of the above worked, anyway I found the way to fix it : Everytime you experience the graphical bug hit Esc, press "Reduce the game" and when you're on the desktop, just return to the game : Colours are fixed.

Hope that helps.

Devoluti0n
3 Feb 2008, 12:11
Hello,

I tried everything to fix the graphical bug that appears when you run the game under vista, the people that experienced it will know what I'm talking about.

I tried everything : Running WA.exe from explorer's windows, changing values in the registry, keeping my nvidia drivers up to date, Comptability mode, run as an admin, and stuff...

None of the above worked, anyway I found the way to fix it : Everytime you experience the graphical bug hit Esc, press "Reduce the game" and when you're on the desktop, just return to the game : Colours are fixed.

Hope that helps.

That never works with me.
What I do to never have any color desynch, is that I open my wa.exe folder, and I launch the game trough the folder.
And I don't really know why, but that works.

What I've seen, is that if you launch the game trough a shortcut, the process "csrss.exe" steals the focus.

I could try to search why, and how prevent that ....

Hope that helps.

Muzer
3 Feb 2008, 12:22
csrss.exe is the main executable for the Microsoft Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem. This process manages most graphical commands in Windows. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Oh dear.

Devoluti0n
5 Feb 2008, 22:38
Thx Muzer.
I only tried to close the process for now, but it makes my computer crash (bsod).

Maybe it could be possible to hook it (can't do it, out of my knowledge).
I don't really know, but I think this information may help to find a way so that this information will be solved.

Oh and, indeed that a knew engine will help, and then I want to ask to programmers : Have you already started to work on it ?

I apologize for my bad english.
Bye.

Squirminator2k
5 Feb 2008, 23:55
Thx Muzer.
I only tried to close the process for now, but it makes my computer crash (bsod).

Er...

csrss.exe is the main executable for the Microsoft Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem. This process manages most graphical commands in Windows. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.Oh dear.

Yeah. So... y'know.

helmfach
26 Jul 2008, 13:11
I changed the Vista Aero Design to the old Windows Classic Design and until now i havent got the color bug.
:D